Chapter 11

Detention is the was the most brutal hour of my life. It was full of teens that smelled pure smoke. I'm not judging though because I used to smoke and drink.

The old man that was supposed to be watching us but he fell asleep. So everybody just left and I decided to go too.

When I was in the parking lot I forgot the fact that nobody is here to take me home. I literally stood there like a dumbass for a good 5 minutes.

So I just called River. It about a few seconds for him to answer.

"Hello" his deep voice spoke.

"Hey, River can you pick me up?" I asked.

"Anytime Red" he answered.

I waited about 10 minutes before River got here. When he pulled up I hopped into his car.

"Thanks for coming over here" I broke the silence.

"Red I wonder how you a straight A student, nice, caring, and respectful girl like you get detention" he stated.

"Well I uh" I couldn't find any word to describe what happened.

Like I would just tell him "Oh I got detention because I was too nervous to hangout with you".

"Red I hope you are not going back to your old ways" he warned.

"Never ever. Those wild days are in the past I guarantee you that I have completely changed" I fired back.

My old ways is when I went crazy. I wasn't always a good girl. I used to drink, smoke, and use guys.

Honestly I don't know what was wrong with me at that time. It all started after my father went to jail. I wanted so much attention so I started to get into some trouble.

It was to the point where I almost got locked up. I really don't know what I was thinking back then.

I even had a pregnancy scare.....

After that I decided it was time for a change. When I figured out I could of gotten pregnant it just opened my eyes.

"River I don't like to bring up all the negative things in my past" I sighed.

"So what about that we go to lunch or something" he said. Thank god he changed the topic.

"Um right now?" I asked.

"Yeah to get your mind away from things" he pointed out.

After 10 minutes he parked in front of a little dinner. It was beautiful and laid back. It also looked like not many people are here.

He opened the door for me. Man he's such a gentleman sometimes but other times he is just a straight up jerk.

He picked the booth all the way in the back. A girl came to take out orders after we sat down. She looked around our age.

"Hey what would you like to order" she asked. Only staring at River not even acknowledging that I am here too.

"I will just take a plain cheeseburger with small fries and a medium vanilla milkshake" he told her.

"Alright, what about your friend here?" she said flipping her hair. You can tell she was flirting with him and he is just eating it up.

"My friend her would like a bacon burger with onion rings and an Oreo milkshake" he ordered for me.

How in the world did he know what I was going to order.

She placed a note on the table for River. "Here's my number call me" she winked before she left.

"First off. Why are you flirting with her when you have a girlfriend. Second, how did you know what I was going to order" I asked sounding confused.

"Well Red when I talk to Mason he talks non-stop about you. Also, yes I have a girlfriend but this number may be needed someday" he added.

"So you are going to cheat on her?" I asked.

What the hell is wrong with him?

"No it's just a way for me to have the next target once I break up with Mia" he calmly spoke.

"So you will be ready to move onto the next" I raised my voice.

"Yeah" he smiled.

"Your such a douche bag" I yelled at him.

I knew I should have never hung out with him in the first place.

***************************************

Hey lovely supporters! I apologize for the late chapter. But I made it a bit longer than usual just for you guys.

I can't believe this book hit 1k it means so much to me. I love you all so much❤️❤️.

Don't forget to......

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow