Chapter 26

George Floyd was brutally murdered by police officer Derek Chauvin on March 25, 2020. Flyod was arrested to have an alleged fake 20 dollar bill. If you watched the footage he was compliant without a doubt. But then he was pinned to the ground where officer Chauvin knee was on his neck (for over 9 minutes) and Flyod repeatedly pleaded out 'I can't breathe'. The other officers on the scene did not stop him.

This is his story and when I heard about it I bursted into tears. He was just an innocent black man who lost his life to police brutality. Now there is a lot protest going on different states and even countries which is a beautiful thing seeing people come to together to voice their support to black lives.

The officer was charged with 2rd degree murder. Lastly, if you can't go and protest like me some thoings you could do is post on your social media, sign petitions, write about your feelings towards the situation, or even talk to someone.

One day I hope we could all put the racism aside and bring equality to our nation because the system is broken. All of our voices is our strength (by using them we hold the power) and when we use them the people in power feel powerless.

Thank you if you read all of this and black lives matter! #blm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with the sun shinning in my eyes and I covered my face with the covers. I heard movement in my room but I wasn't ready to wake up just yet. Then I felt someone tapping me repeatedly so I just gave in.

"Cmon can't you see I'm trying to sleep here" I mumbled.

"You've been asleep forever and I wanted to go out today" she whined.

"Alright, alright where do you want to go?" I asked. I rubbed my eyes and sat up so I could listen to her speak.

"I was thinking we could go to the mall for a few hours" I nodded in response to her idea.
"Well we better get ready if we're going to the mall" she hugged me with excitement.

It's been a while since we have been to the mall because of school. During the summer Evie and I would go from time to time. I'm saying time to time because Evie always goes overboard when we're shopping.

Like she turns into another person because usually she's the type to never criticize anything and just accepts it the way it is. But she it comes to clothes that girl finds any little detail about an outfit that she doesn't like and she immediately curses out the clothes.

She talks about how the designer doesn't know what their doing and how they  put a perfectly good fabric to waste. I think she would do great in the fashion industry and her designs amazing. Then when she finds things that she likes it's even worse.

That girl will spend all of her money on clothes and walk out the store with so many bags. The trips that we have to make to car and back into another store is long and tiring. With me I don't spend that much time in stores because I like to order my stuff online mostly.

I only go to the mall to hangout with friends but my favorite part is the food court. I love all the different foods and I just want to try them all. If I could and I also like the samples you could never get enough of those too.

I was excited and we finally got ready. We ate breakfast but it was nothing too big to fill us up. Evie drove because her car was parked outside my house.

We were at the mall and inside debating where to go first. "I say we go to Bath and Body Works you know I love that store" I pointed out.

"No let's start off with finding clothes we should go to stores like Forever 21 or H&M" she always wants to go the clothing stores first.