Chapter 22

Hey lovely readers I would like to thank you guys for 100k views. I also brought back the quotes I saw that you guys liked then and I'm going to try to remember to put them in more often.

Also I have been reading the comments and some of you are confused. I will make sure to go back and edit all the previous chapters to make some things a bit more clear. Also I might change some minor details nothing too important.

Well I hope you enjoy this chapter!

~~~
After I finished my breakfast at Evie's house she gave me a ride back to my place. I unlocked the door and went into the kitchen to get some water.

And there he was standing there making some breakfast and he looked so damn hot. He had no shirt on and his hair was messy but I didn't care.

He looked back at me and said. "Hey Red you're finally back. Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah I feel fine I got some rest and Evie gave me some pain killers for my head."

"Okay I'm glad you feel better do you want some breakfast I should be finished in about a couple of minutes."

"No I already ate at Evie's but thanks for offering though. So what's so important that you had to tell me."

"You cut right to the chase don't you" he laughs.

"Yeah , but it's just you sounded serious in your text and I feel like there is something wrong."

He stays silent for a while and that's how I know something happened. "You see your not even saying anything. What happened River?"

"I don't know if it's my place to tell you but you're my best friend and I just don't know what to do."

I took a few steps closer to him and held his hands. "I'm always here for you River you can tell me anything. You know that right?"

He gives me a hug and I am a little surprised but I just hug him back. We've been hugging for a moment and then he clears his throat and takes a step back from me.

"I think my food is ready and I know I can tell you anything just let me eat first and then we have our conversation." I nod and go watch tv while he eats.

~~~

River's POV

The news I got from Mia yesterday had been on my mind the whole night. I had to leave I couldn't stay there with her. How could this happened? It doesn't make any sense.

I'm glad the party happened I needed an excuse. I feel like a douchebag for what I did and for what I'm about to do.

On top of that Scarlett confessed her feelings to me and this just to much to handle. I don't even know what to think. I hope after I tell her the news she will still talk to me.

I have have been so overwhelmed with my thoughts that I didn't even realized that I finished eating.

I walk over to her and she's watching her favorite show, Pretty Little Liars. She looks so adorable and happy. And here am I about to ruin everything between us.

"Hey Scar I finished um.... should I wait till you're done with the show."

She looks up at me with those beautiful eyes.
She looks gorgeous and this is why I.... uh never mind. "No it's fine I already watched this episode twice. Come sit down and tell me what's going on." I took a seat a little bit away from her.

"Well yesterday I was hanging out with Mia and she told me some news and I'm scared."

"So, what exactly did she tell you" she looks concerned.

"She told me that's she's pregnant." Scarlett stared at me in shock and I know it's something no one would expect.

"So your going to be a father."

"Yeah I know it's scary right. I don't even understand how this happened. I always used protection every time we had sex."

"River you know sometimes that doesn't always work it could of broke."

"Yeah your right but I am not ready to be a father and what if I'm not good at it."

"River you will be a great father and plus I thought you liked kids."

"I do but it's fucking scary when you figure out it's yours. Plus I didn't think I was going to deal with a kid so soon. I thought I was going to be with someone for an amount of years, then propose, then get married, and then have kids."

I tilt my head down and she moves closer to me. She lifts my head up and stares at me for a second. "Don't talk down on yourself and sometimes life doesn't go as planned."

"Thank you so much Red and I'm sorry but I want to focus on Mia and the baby. So whatever that is happening between us can't be in the way. It has to stop."

I feel like I'm breaking up with her and we never even started dating. I could see the hurt in her eyes but I know Scarlett she will respect my decision.

"It's fine I get it and I'm still going to be there for you so don't worry."

"Thanks for understanding." I feel a bit sad doing that to her but I know what have to do... take care of my family first.

"No problem. Don't be sad look on the bright side there's going to be a little River running around here soon" she smiles.

I laugh. "Right he or she are going to be quite the looker."

"I know he or she will they are going to get it from their father." She says and I just smile she knows just the way to lighten up the mood.

~~~

Hey lovely readers! I hope during this time you guys are protecting yourself to ensure that you are safe and others around you. I should be posting more often.

So now you guys heard the news what do you guys think?

Main Instagram: _lovelycourtney_
Instagram for Wattpad: lovelyisofficial

If you want to show more support you can.....

Follow
Share
Vote
Comment

Word Count: 1048