Prologue

"Push! Push harder! You can do it!" The woman doctor encouraged in a rushed tone.

The young woman screamed and sobbed as she placed all her strength and willpower in pushing from her stomach, her face drenched in sweat and dark strands of hair sticking to her temples.

"You're almost there. C'mon, just a little more!"

Soon enough in the tense room, the sound of a newborn baby crying filled the atmosphere after the woman gave one last overexerting push. The woman doctor quickly and carefully wiped the blood off the baby and woman with a damp cloth. A proud smile hugged her lips.

"You did a great job. He's a beautiful boy." She says softly.

The young woman tried to see through her white, blurry vision, but she failed. Her face was deathly pale and her limbs were weak by her side. She had no more strength left.

Then, she saw him.

The dark figure drenched in black clothes and his eyes cold and silver. He was standing by her bed with a long, black weapon in his pale hand. It was all too soon before he reached out and placed a cold palm against her forehead.

No... I couldn't even see my baby... She wanted to say. I couldn't even say hello before goodbye...

And at that moment, Death had retrieved another life.