Road Trip

"Chulsoo? That bastard messed with you again? Didn't he learn his lesson the first time?" Hoseok said incredulously.

Jimin shrugged, body completely lax on the soft couch that dipped under his weight. His eyes fixated on Jungkook, who jumped in front of him with a look of shock on his face.

"You were with Jisoo? Why? What were you doing?" He demanded.

The raven waited a few seconds, contemplating what to say since he didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. Slowly, he blinked when he noticed Jungkook was trying to read his eyes. "She was drunk, so I only helped her on her way home. But after everything, she suddenly had an asthma attack. I took her to a hospital, so she should be fine now."

"What?! She had a—" Jungkook leapt away from Jimin and rushed to his phone, which was on the counter. "I'm going to check on her. Just wait here for a little bit." Then, he left with a look of concern painted over his face. For some reason, a dark, sickening knot coiled in the pit of his stomach just thinking about how quickly Jungkook left to check on Jisoo. It was another feeling he was not used to, and it left him confused. He stared after Jungkook's disappearing form, not realizing everyone was watching with varying expressions. 

"Alright, Park Jimin. Spill." Hoseok demanded, suddenly in Jimin's space, squeezing into the little space on the couch. "What's really going on between you and Jungkook?"

The raven frowned, displeased with the fact that the other had barged into his personal bubble without warning. He tried his best to lean away from the peering gaze. "What do you mean?"

"C'mon, it's so obvious you two like each other." 

Immediately, Jimin froze and stared back at the redhead with large eyes.

"Hobi, you big mouth." Yoongi scolded, reaching over to grab him by the ear and pull him back. "I thought we all agreed to not say anything until the two confessed to each other."

Hold up. 

...What?

"Well, technically, Jungkook has confessed his feelings to Jimin. It's just that Jimin hasn't really reciprocated yet." Namjoon added casually.

Slowly, Jimin turned his head to glower at Namjoon, who froze upon the menacing look. 

I'm going to kill him. He decided before targeting his glare to another person on the opposite side of the room. Seokjin noticed the shift in attention and smiled sweetly, throwing a tiny wave. 

"Oh but it was so obvious you two were infatuated with each other, though!" The angel exclaimed in exasperation. "I couldn't help but ask the others about it!"

"We are not infatuated with each other." Jimin gritted his teeth. But before he could deny any longer, Hoseok cut in with a hearty laugh. "Yeah yeah of course you're not. That's why you're always hanging out alone together, and that's why Jungkook is always looking at you like you're the brightest star in the sky."

Disgusted, Yoongi socked the redhead in the back of the head. "You did not just say that cheesy shit in front of my salad."

"It ain't about you, son!" 

And then they were back to bickering with each other as usual. Meanwhile, Jimin had leaned further back into the couch, hoping it'd swallow him up entirely. The fact that basically everyone knew about his and Jungkook's unique relationship made his stomach churn with dread. He remained in that position, sulking miserably, until Jungkook had returned with a look of relief on his face.

"She's alright, guys. Her grandma's taking care of her at the moment." He smiled before tilting his head at the sight of Jimin's sunken form.

"Good thing Jimin was there to help her, right?" Hoseok chuckled.