Night Sky

It was nearly dark outside when the group stopped by a gas station to refill their van and take a small break. The moment they parked, Yoongi and Hoseok both made a bee-line for the bathroom, spouting something about having angry bladders. Namjoon left to get seven cups of coffee at the mini convenience store, Jin right by his side. The latter was curiously looking around the small place with large eyes as if it was the most fascinating thing he's seen in his life. 

It only took a good fifteen minutes before everyone got settled and headed back on the road. Soon enough, the trees had parted around the road and a large cabin had appeared in the opening, perched perfectly near the edge of a vast hill. Yoongi released a deep sigh as he parked in front of the wooden structure. It seemed that the snow was already shoved out of the way on the side in a thick pile. 

"We're here, fellas! God I can't wait to see Grandma Min again!" Hoseok exclaimed in glee, apparently the only one who wasn't dead tired. 

"Same!" Jungkook agreed with a grin. 

The seven of them jumped out of the van, stretched their stiff limbs, and made their way to the front door. After Yoongi knocked loudly a couple times, the door swung open to reveal a small, frail woman who smiled brightly at them.

"Oh Yoongi! I missed you so much!" She laughed as she immediately went to hug her grandson, who returned the gesture with just as much love. "I missed you too, grandma. And is that a feast I smell?" The boy asked with a large grin.

"Ya bet! I cooked enough to feed a whole army, knowing you'd bring so many friends!" Grandma Min chuckled, giving each of his friends a beaming look. Jungkook went for an embrace next, greeting the older woman with a smile.

"Thank you for letting us stay here, Grandma Min! It's so great to see you!" Hoseok rushed forward, hugging the smaller woman energetically.

"I couldn't agree more, Hoseok, you little rascal!" Grandma Min ruffled his auburn hair before turning to the rest of his friends, who bowed politely. 

"Hello, my name is Kim Namjoon. I'm sort of a new friend." Namjoon was the first to introduce, smiling a little sheepishly.

"My name is Kim Seokjin, but people call me Jin for short. It's a pleasure to meet you." Jin followed with another bow.

Taehyung beamed brightly and stepped forward, surprising the old woman, "I'm Kim Taehyung! Thanks for having us over, Grandma Min!" The blonde was as radiant as the sun—almost as much as Hoseok even.

Nodding her head with a gentle smile gracing her lips, the grandma finally turned her attention to the quiet raven, who was awkwardly standing behind the rest of them. "And who might you be, little one?"

Jimin's brow twitched at the name but nonetheless provided the best smile he could, though it was obvious he was forcing it. "Park Jimin," he says simply.

He knew his short answer and clipped voice were almost rude, but he seriously had no idea how to interact with another human being—especially one as kind as the one in front of him. He was neither used to people being so nice nor saying anything more than "Any last wishes before you die?" to people who could see him. He subconsciously rubbed his index finger, where his choice ring would normally be.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Jimin. And the rest of you lot as well, of course." Grandma Min's smile broadened. "Oh don't just stand there in the cold! Come inside! I finished making the food just in time!" Grandma Min exclaimed before bustling back into the cabin.

Everyone followed after, thankful for the warmth that engulfed them the moment they entered the large space. The thick smell of home-cooked food and spices invaded their senses as they all made their way across the large living room and to the slightly smaller kitchen stored behind it. The fireplace was lit and there was a flight of stairs that lead to the floor above them. Overall, it felt overwhelmingly cozy, even to Jimin's standards.