The Break Up

It was 6:35 a.m.

Jungkook lied on his back, thick comforters engulfing him like clouds. His eyes roamed over the cold ring dappled with ash in between his fingers, and wondered how it got to this state. He assumed it had something to do with Jimin's powers weakening, but something didn't match up. Could it really be possible that someone who was once human could revert back to their old state? Just like that?

Setting the thought aside, Jungkook decided to marvel at the piece of jewelry with a fondness from the memory of Jimin holding his hand so gently. He never expected it from him and concluded that Jimin was finally opening up to him—even if it was a small crack in his impenetrable walls. Without this ring, the raven was visible to every eye in the world, and he entrusted it to Jungkook. He'd call that an achievement.

He also swore to himself that he wouldn't get too ahead with his feelings with Jimin. It was the first time he ever experienced such intense emotions, and being the extrovert that he was, he ended up shoving all of it to Jimin's face without thinking. No wonder he ran away, not knowing what to do with the sudden confession. He was probably not used to something like that.

In all honesty though, Jungkook didn't know what his relationship with Jimin was, but he knew that he really really liked him.

But he also really cared about Jisoo. He spent the last couple weeks fretting over how he should explain to her that he doesn't like her in that way anymore without hurting her—probably sprouting a few gray hairs in the process.

Stop being a coward, Jungkook. Be a man and go tell her, a part of him sneered. But I don't want her to get hurt. She's still important to me, the other part retaliated. Jisoo was always there for him, before and after they started dating. She'd do anything to keep him smiling, even if it meant embarrassing herself in the process.

Swallowing the conflicted stone in his throat, Jungkook tightly held onto the ring and closed his eyes as the sun peeked out from above the misty clouds. He'll have to go to school soon, and then, he'll have to confront her.

When he opened his eyes again, he saw something flutter in the corner of his vision and found a single snowflake drifting across the sky outside his window.

.o0O0o.

An excited yelp nearly caused Jimin to jump out of his seat in the classroom, where everyone was staring at him in wonder(since he's been gone for a while). He turned his head to the source and found Hoseok barreling into the classroom, heading straight for the raven with eyes wide and gleaming with elation. Yoongi trailed behind like a shadow, looking amused.

"MY LORD!!!" The redhead screamed and tackled Jimin with a hug that could challenge a bear's. The raven choked as his chair skidded and tilted backwards a little. His foot planted on the floor and he forced his body forward so that they didn't fall. "W-What are you doing?" he gasped out and tried to pry the male off of him once he caught balance again. Everyone whispered to each other, probably questioning why he was referred to as "my lord" by the other.

"I MISSED YOU!" Hoseok cried out, and Yoongi laughed heartily at the sight of the raven getting smothered by his friend. He reached out and shuffled his hair, "Welcome back, dude."

"Uh—um—" Jimin felt flustered, warmth spreading from his insides. He hoped it wasn't showing on his face. He didn't know what to do other than let the redhead squeeze him so hard he cut off all blood circulation in him.

Hoseok seemed surprised too that he didn't duck out of the way this time or use all his strength to push him away. He leaped back and giggled when the redness in Jimin's face faded back into his pale skin as he breathed deeply. "This calls for another celebration! The return of the king!" He exclaimed. Yoongi immediately whacked the back of his head with a scowl.