Chapter 12: A Legend Returns

A/n: This will include lots of gap fillings. Not too much action this chapter, but I hope you all still enjoy.

Third Person POV:

"(Y/n), it's time for lunch!" A woman wearing the basic nurse outfit stated enthusiastically, as she entered the room. Inside the room was a single bed and window. Next to the window was an assortment of flowers. Aside from that, it was just any other hospital patient room. Sitting alone in the room was (Y/n). However, he looked drastically different.

He had long, disheveled (h/c) hair with grey ends. (Y/n) sat hunched over in his wheelchair showing no sins of movement. His (s/c) skin was sickly pale and barely hung onto his extremely thin body. The most noticeable part was the clothe wrapped around his eyes. Hiding underneath, a scarring reminder of the painful past.

The nurse walked over to the young male, while humming a happy tune. A disappointed expression formed on her face when she looked on (Y/n)'s nightstand. Sitting there was an untouched meal from the day before. Instead of getting upset, the nurse just sighed tiredly and replaced the cold meal. This has been an ongoing trend ever since the male had been a patient here.

"Please do eat (Y/n), we don't want to have to force you on the food tube again." The nurse pleaded sadly. However, the young male remained silent and unmoved. The nurse gave him a sad look before exiting the room. (Y/n) still didn't speak or move even with the nurse gone. As normal, the reason to why the former Blood Demon Shinobi is doing this is still a mystery.

After returning from retrieving Tsunade, (Y/n) remained in the hospital for his treatment. Everyone thought it was a short phase from the shock, but now no one really knows why. (Y/n) had did it, he killed Orochimaru, yet why wasn't (Y/n) at peace?

It was only after a few days we knew why. Sasuke had decided to abandon the Leaf Village in search of power. That source was Orochimaru. Naruto and his friends scrambled to rescue the delusional ninja, but failed to do so. Now at a loss, everyone will have to reconsider their goals.

Despite their wishes, Team seven was no more. Naruto had decided to embark on a two year journey to grow stronger. He left the village with Master Jiraiya. Meanwhile, Sakura remained at the village to study medical jutsu under Tsunade and remain with another former Team seven member. As for Kakashi, his actions remain unknown.

It has been two years since Naruto left. Everyone has changed for the better. Many ninja that had once stood below the jonin before the Chunin Exam attack, now stood as equals. In a sense, everyone had grown stronger, faster, and smarter. Everyone, but the infamous ninja himself. Ever since (Y/n) had entered that hospital room, he never left of his own free will.

Sakura, Ino, or the nurses would push him around outside, but (Y/n) never would react. Flowers were brought, conversations brought up, yet anything were to yield results. In fact, many other ninja would go as far to say that (Y/n) had regressed as a Shinobi, and a person.

Fortunately, even after all these times, there are still a few that remain loyal to (Y/n). The people (Y/n) was there for when it mattered. Now that he needed help, they'll do what they can. Little or a lot.

"(Y/n)! I'm here for your daily check up." Sakura appeared at the doorway. She had grown taller. That's about it. The pink haired female pulled up a chair and sat next to (Y/n). She smiled kindly at the male before glancing over at the nightstand. A frown formed on her face.

"Still not eating, (Y/n)? We all told you that you need to." Sakura complained, but her message still wasn't getting through the frozen male. She sighed tiredly and placed her hand onto (Y/n)'s. A wave of sadness washed over her. Those used to be warm and caring hands, but now they were cold and frail. However, Sakura willed herself to remain positive in front of (Y/n).