Chapter 13: Impossible

A/n: Much thanks to JonBlaze_ for this amazing work of art! Make sure to show him some love. Now here's our awesome protagonist!

Doesn't he look great? Anyways, onto the story

Doesn't he look great? Anyways, onto the story. I will be going through Shippuden at a slightly faster pace, so hope it's good.

(Y/n) POV:

After rescuing Naruto from Kakuzu, the two of us retreated back to the rest of the group. Yamato formed a wooden barrier between us and the Akatsuki. Then the questions came flowing in.

Ino:"What are you doing here, (Y/n)? You shouldn't be fighting yet!" She cried with worry and began inspecting me for any injuries. I didn't protest and turned to Kakashi.

"Lady Hokage sent me as emergency backup." I reported to Kakashi.

Kakashi:"Understood." He acknowledged.

Choji:"Wait, how did he even get here? Aren't you blind?" Choji questioned in wonder.

"I followed your signs of chakra." I answered casually. It was what I usually did even when I had my eyesight. Suddenly, Naruto began walking forward.

Yamato:"Hold on, Naruto. We can all engage him together, now that we have the numbers advantage. However, that didn't sit well with Naruto.

Naruto:"No, this is something I have to do alone. Otherwise I'll never make it to the end of my path." He protested. Everyone remained stricken in silence, until Kakashi spoke up.

Kakashi:"Very well, any complaints Yamato?" He asked the fellow shinobi.

Yamato:"No complaints here." He agreed. Naruto then prepared his new jutsu and began to attack. However, Kakuzu won't fall for the same trick. Instead of fighting off the shadow clones, he dived for the real Naruto. He guessed wrong.

Naruto:"Wind Style! Rasen-Shuriken!" He roared and drove his attack into Kakuzu's back. Without my sight, everything looks dark and empty. However, I can see the flow of chakra all around. Once there was a large pool of chakra in Kakuzu, but the chakra violently dispersed. Whatever Naruto came up with, is one of the deadliest jutsu I've ever seen.

Afterwards, Yamato helped Naruto up, while Kakashi finished off Kakuzu. We met up with the others sent to deal with Hidan. I did not expect to meet a new person.

'Guess they didn't really need me after all.' I observed and watched, as Sakura, Shikamaru, and a new person approach us.

Sakura:"Who's that-(Y/n)?!" She screamed in shock. I waved over to her.

"Hey Sakura." I greeted casually. She ran over to me and stood in front of me for a few moments.

Sakura:"I-I can't believe that you're here. Wait! What are you doing out of bed?" Her surprised tone quickly switched to an angry one. I quickly shifted behind Naruto.