chapter three: school.

*9:30pm*
Ugh school starts tomorrow. You got up, off the couch and headed upstairs into your room. You did you usual routine and put on some comfy shorts and a f/c shirt. You then headed downstairs and ate a protein bar. You walked over to the mugs poured some water in the mug, microwaved the water, and put a green tea bag in it. "Night mom, Night Tom." You said. "Goodnight sweetie." Mom said. "Night weirdo." Tom said. You then headed upstairs and prepared your school crap while finishing your green tea. Done. You jumped into bed and set and alarm for 5:50 am. You stared at the ceiling thinking about school tomorrow, thinking about your social anxiety. Oh god, you thought. It's gonna be a rough day. You slowly went to sleep.

*monday, august 21, 5:50am*

-alarm clock goes off-  You open your eyes, and hit the "stop" button on your alarm clock. Ugh school. You've been dreading it ever since mom told you about your new school. "Tulsa High School." You got out of bed yawning and walked to the bathroom. You turned on the sink, washed your face, brushed your teeth, dried your face, and then applied some moisturizer. You walked over to your two door closet observing what to wear. You pulled out some black ripped jeans, a white tank top, greaser boots, and a black leather jacket. You walked towards your jewelry box, pulling out a necklace with a heart on it. It was the one dad gave you when you were 5. You threw it back in the jewelry box and decided not to wear it. You slipped on your clothes, tied your hair up and then headed downstairs. You quietly went downstairs when you saw your mom sleeping on the couch. You walked over to the pantry took out some cinnamon toast crunch & took out some milk from the fridge, and made some green tea. "Morning y/n." Tom said as he walked downstairs. "Why are you up so early?" You asked. "I asked mom last night if I could drive you to school and she said yes. I also have to shop for college today." "When do you start college?" You asked. "Wednesday." "Oh" You said, "Well i'm gonna fix my hair, put some makeup on and i'll be done." You said. "Alright." He smiled. You finished your cereal and put your mug and bowl in the sink, washed it, and then headed upstairs. You brushed your  h/c straightened hair, and applied some cute makeup with clear lipgloss. You then used some mouthwash, turned off the lights and headed out of the bathroom. You put some mint gum in your mouth and then put your book-bag on. You headed downstairs and walked to the couch giving your mom a kiss on her forehead. "Bye baby." She said softly. "Alright Tom i'm ready." You state. "Ok cmon let's hit the road." He replied. You walked out onto the front porch and inhaled the scent of flowers you looked up at the sunrise and a tear fell down your left eye. You quickly wiped it before Tom could see it and walked to the car. You sat in the passenger seat and turned the car on. "Ready?" Tom asked as you put your seatbelt on. "Yup." You replied. He played some rap music and you sang along with him.

*some time skip*

Tom finally pulled up to the front of the school. You quickly jumped out and asked Tom "Do I look fine?" "Yes now go in there!!" He answered. "Alright alright." You groaned. "Hey y/n !! Hey Tom!!" You heard a voice behind you. You spotted someone familiar in the car behind you. It was Sodapop, sitting next to an older man with dark brown hair who looked very muscular and in the back was a boy who looked about your age with brown greasy hair and greenish gray eyes. "Hey Soda !!" You both replied. "What brings yall here?" He asked. "Well y/n's starting 11th grade here." Tom replied. "That's great. So is my brother Ponyboy." He said pointing to the guy with greenish gray eyes. "I love that name." You said softly. "Thank you." Ponyboy smiled back. "Do you need help lookin around?" Pony asked. "If you don't mind, yes." You replied. "Alright!!" Pony said. "By the way that guy driving, is my brother Darry." You turned around and waved at Darry. "Bye Soda, Bye Tom, Bye Darry!!" You shouted. "Bye y/n." They all replied. "Ok so where's your first class?" He asked as you walked into the school feeling a cold breeze. "U-um. Class 815, Mrs. Kelly, P-psychology." You replied shyly. "A-alright." He said blushing. He was adorable. You looked down and laughed at yourself. "What?" Pony asked. "Nothing." You replied.

"So what brings you to Tulsa?" He asked. "U-um.. long story." You said with a sad look. He could tell. He placed his hand on your shoulder, "I'm sorry." "Its ok." You said softly. "How old are you?" You asked Ponyboy. "14" He replied, "They moved me up because i'm "so smart" so that's why i'm here." He replied. "What about you?" He asked. "15." You smiled. "Alright." He smiled back.

*you finally arrived at your first class*

"Thank you so much Ponyboy." You gave him a hug. "N-no problem, by the way you can call me Pony!!" He said with a smile. "Alright Pony." You smiled back. "Bye" You said, "See ya." He replied. You walked in and saw a women passing out papers, that must be Mrs. Kelly. You walked over to her desk and asked "Um.. Mrs. Kelly .. where do I-i sit..?" "Hey sweetie. Sit wherever you want." She smiled. You sat down. You looked down and read your schedule. You had every class in the 800 building expect for advisory. "Block one: Psychology, Block two: Debate, Block three: US History, Block four: Technology Fundamentals, and Advisory: Broadcasting." You sighed thinking about all the work your going to have.

*end of school*

"3:40." Five more minutes until school ends. It was an 'ok' day. You saw Pony twice and smiled at him, he was walking with someone but I didn't get a good look at him. I made a friend, well actually two. Pony and Abby. Abby seemed very sweet. We talked for a little, it seemed like we had a lot in common. She told me about the Greasers and Socs, apparently Greasers were the poor ones and the Socs were the mean rich ones. I guess i'm more of a Greaser. Abby was a greaser. She even said that I dressed like one and it made me proud. -ring!- That's the
bell gotta go.

You walked out of the school. And Pony
came running to you. He was pretty fast. "Hey y/n !! How was your first day?" He asked. "It was pretty good, thanks for asking." You smiled. "Do you maybe wanna hang with my gang later today?" He asked. "Gang?" You wondered. "Yeah, us Greasers have gangs. Mine includes my brother Soda, Darry, Dallas Winston, Steve Randle, Two-bit, and Johnny Cade, "He explained "Johnny also goes to this school, same grade, you want to meet him?" He asked. "Um maybe some other time Pony. Im sorry, I already have a shit ton to do." You frowned. "Nah it's alright y/n. See ya around." He waved and smiled. "See ya." You smiled back. You decided to walk home since you couldn't spot Tom anywhere. You decided to go to the park and do your homework and get your mind off of everything that has been stressing you out. You got done with your homework and looked at the time "6:40pm." Shit, its been three hours, it's gonna get dark soon. I should head home.

*arriving at home*

It was dark. You walked onto the front lawn and heard some screaming and sobbing. It always traumatized you when you heard screaming. It always reminded you of mom & dads fights. You quickly ran inside and saw Tom laying on the couch covered in bruises and cuts and mom was screaming and sobbing. You were in shock. You couldn't move. "Y/n ? y/n ? hello !!" My mom exclaimed. "W-what?" You snapped. You saw your brother fainted on the couch, in pain. "M-mom what h-happened?" You said in between sobs. "I don't know!! Tom just got back from god knows where and he came in and dropped on the floor!! My baby is covered and bruises in cuts!!" She shouted. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT YOU SHOULD HAVE WOKEN ME UP AND ASKED ME TO DROP YOU OFF NOT HIM YOU DUMBASS." She yelled. "B-but-" You tried explaining yourself but mom cut you off ...

what's gonna happen next !?