chapter eleven: pressure.

friday

*your pov*

Today was the day we were supposed to hang out with the gang at the drive-in but they changed it to Saturday because of Johnny. I'm on my way to school right now and luckily Dally dropped us off because there's a chance we could've got jumped by the Greasers...or possibly Socs. As soon as we pulled up into the front, people from all over were staring. I don't know if it's because of what happened yesterday or if it's because Dallas Winston is here, but whatever. I slowly opened the door and got out, Pony behind me. "Stay safe kiddos." Dally said. "We will." I smiled. He drove off and I watched him as he did it, he looked back and waved, I waved back smiling and so did Pony. "Hmm your ready for today?" Pony asked with a sympathetic look. "Not really actually, I really wanna see Johnny..." I said as I kicked a rock down the sidewalk. "Yeah I know, he'll be out before ya know it. Don't worry. Let me know if ANYONE touches you in a wrong way too, alright?" He asked patting my head. "Yeah yeah." I chuckled. "Yay..Psychology!!" I said sarcastically. Ponyboy chuckled and we walked to block one.

3rd block was finally over and I headed to my locker to grab my binder for Technology Fundamentals. I walked over slowly. I felt a little down because I was worrying tons about Johnny. I walked to my locker, opened it and looked through the mirror staring at myself for a lil while. What if he doesn't wake up? What if he can't walk? What if he broke a bone? What if..he leaves me? My eyes stared filling up with warm tears and I couldn't help but lean my head against the locker door and quietly cry. I felt a tap on my shoulder and the tuff looking man was there again. "He-...why are you crying?" He said, laughing a little, jerk. "Nothing." I said seriously then turned around and grabbed my binder. He went towards my neck and whispered, "I want you." His hot breath hit my neck and I reacted fast but before I could protect myself Pony punched him straight in the head and he fell to the floor. He quickly got up and charged towards Pony with a fist in the air but Pony reacted fast and he missed Pony, falling to the floor. His nose was bleeding from his face hitting the floor. Pony walked up go him and pulled him up by the collar, "You better leave her the fuck alone Alright? Go to hell Xander." Pony spit in his face. Xander. What a tuff name. Xander slowly got up, groaning and ran away. "You okay? Pony asked worried. "I'm scared." I sighed.  "I promise you that me.. and Johnny won't ever let ANYONE touch you." He said hugging me. "Thank you. So you know Xander?" I said as we pulled away. "Yeah I um.. we.. he used to be Johnny's friend. Mine too actually and one day he.." Pony said but stopped. "Never mind. He's just bad news so stay away from him." Pony said looking at his shoes. "What's wrong?" I asked sympathetically. "Its nothing rea-" He said but the bell cut him off. "Shoot we gotta go.. SEE YA!!" He said as he blasted off. I ran to my class and luckily the teacher's room was right there and she saw everything that happened. "Good morning y/n." She smiled. "Morning Mrs. Chandler." I smiled back.

School was finally over and I headed to my locker putting everything in there but my Debate binder, sadly I have homework. Pony walked over with a bunch of binders in his hand and asked, "You ready to see Johnny?" "Yes, I hope he's okay. He got beaten up real bad." I sighed. "He'll be fine y/n. Let's go now, Dally's here. I can hear the girls screaming from all the way over here." He chuckled. "Haha good one." I laughed. And surprisingly he was right it was Dal. 

Dal pulled up in the parking lot and we all got out fast. We all ran in and Dal asked the nurse, "We're here for Johnny Cade." "Room 205." She replied rudely. We walked in the elevator and it felt like 5 years, 10 years, no 20. We finally got out and ran to Johnnys room and sprinted in there, that's how worried we were. He was laying there staring at the ceiling and as soon and he saw us, he jumped up happily. "Hey guys!!" He smiled. He was covered with bruises and cuts. I gasped because he just had so much on him. "J-johnny are you okay?" I said walking to his brushing his hair out of his face. "Yeah i'm fine.. most of this is from my old folks though." He sighed. "Oh i'm.. i'm so sorry Johnnycakes." I said sympathetically. "It's okay, I got you guys to heal me." He slightly smiled. "We'll always be here for ya bud." Pony said. He had bruises all over making his face look purple and he had cut carved into his cheek. I felt a warm tear run down my cheek. "It's ok y/n. I'll be fine." He smiled. I lighty brushed his cheek with my hand and tears started falling continuously down my cheeks. He pushed his self up, wincing in pain and motioned me to come to him. I walked up to him & he hugged me and I buried my face into the crook of his neck. He gently patted my head and gave me a kiss on my forehead, "There's seriously nothing to worry about y/n. Im healing. And i'm healing fast." He said softly. "Yeah I know." I replied. I slowly broke the hug and walked to the chair next to Johnny's bed and sat down in it. I put my hands to my face an sighed, holding back anymore tears. I shot up out of the seat "I'm gonna go get a snack."

*johnny's pov*

As soon as I was about to go to sleep I saw y/n, Dal, & Pony run in. My heart jumped, I am so happy to see them. "Hey guys!!" I smiled. I saw y/n scanning my face & my arms and her brightened face dropped. "J-johnny are you okay?" She asked walking to me brushing my hair out of my face. "Yeah i'm fine.. most of this is from my old folks though." I sighed holding in the immense amount of tears. "Oh i'm.. i'm so sorry Johnnycakes." She said sympathetically. "It's okay, I got you guys to heal me." I slightly smiled, realizing how cheesy that sounds. "We'll always be here for ya bud." Pony said. She scanned me once more worriedly. A couple of seconds after her looking at me, a tear ran down her cheek, making my heart collapse. "It's ok y/n. I'll be fine." I smiled trying to enlighten the room. She lightly brushed my cheek with her hand and tears started falling continuously down her cheeks. I tried pushing myself up, wincing in pain. She hugged me and buried her face into the crook of my neck. I gently patted her head and gave her a kiss on the forehead, "There's seriously nothing to worry about y/n. Im healing. And i'm healing fast." I said softly trying to make her feel better. "Yeah I know." She replied. She slowly broke the hug and walked to the chair next to my hospital bed and sat down in it. She put her hands into her face and sighed,  I could tell by her body expressions that she wanted to leave. She shot up out of the seat "I'm gonna go get a snack." Please come back soon y/n.

*your pov*

I walked out of the hospital room and bursted out and sat against the door holding my head into my head. It was throbbing, I could hear it. I slowly got up and walked slowly towards the vending machine. I was lost into my thoughts until someone yanked my arm. I turned around and saw a tall, brown headed guy, with brown eyes. It was Dally. "What the fuck wrong with you?" He asked loudly. I stared at him with rage and eyed my arm and his hand trying to signal him to let go, while making a bitch face. He let go and I replied, "It was too much pressure," I said quietly trying not to cry, "Go back i'm just getting a snack." I said. "Hell no man, someone could easily kidnap you!" He yelled. "Okay lower your god damn voice. And i'll be fine. I can protect myself." I said seriously walking away. He groaned and walked back to the room.

I got a granola bar & 2 orange juices. All of the sudden I felt someone grab my shoulder, "Please help me! My mom's dying!" A young looking man told me. He had greasy black hair, very light brown eyes, and he was very bulky but skinny. "Wha-" I said confused. "My mom's dying! I can't let her die. I already lost too much people." He cried. "What do you need help with?" I asked. "J-just make sure he doesn't die." He cried louder. My heart ached for this boy. "Fine." I sighed. I followed the young man and walked into the room. Something was odd. There were 4 other young men and a guy laying on the bed unconscious. As soon as I knew it, I heard a bang and everything turned black.

a/n: sorry for not posting in a while.