Chapter 11; Vacation

Previously on "Enlightenment"

Her head drifts to the side to glance at the black rimmed clock near the exit. 8 pm, the Library closing in a mere half-n-hour. A small lead in Central City the only thing she could find. At this rate, the thought of being a detective is out the window. With one last blink of the eye, Natalya began to pack up her things. Putting the books into neat piles and stuffing papers into her bag.

With one last glance at the stack of books, she turns on her heal and walks towards the exit. Heels clicking on the wood floor, short hair swinging side-to-side. The slight bounce in her step becoming more obvious as the excitement grew. In the morning, a new adventure would start.

The only thing Natalya could think of as she walked was the letter the old lady slightly mumbled... 'M.'

______________

GAS STATIONS ARE NIGHTMARES. The smell, people, employees who hate their job. Everything about gas stations makes Natalyas spine tingle in anticipation. Especially the ones in Central City, no matter how peaceful the place is. Even with the abnormal criminals popping up than disappearing randomly.

Natalya walks back out to her car from the dreadful Central City Gas Station. Her nose scrunches up in disgust as she leaves the putrid place. How anyone works there is beyond her understanding. Maybe criminals will or do work there? She'll never know it seems, after this visit, she shall never go there again.

With one more huff of annoyance, climbing into her small car seems like heaven. The door shutting with a pull of her arm. Clicking a button that locks all the doors, not wanting anyone to get in. Not unless she knows them, or wants them in.

With a flick of her wrist, the car turns on, heater blasting through the coldness of the car. Slowly, Natalya drives off, careful not to hit anything or anyone. Her skills at driving are not spectacular, average at most. A car isn't her specialty, but motorcycles are. She can drive one better than a car, but is most likely rusty from all this time.

Slowly, the road become more busy and frantic from incoming traffic. The city lights eliminating her dark car, clouds in the sky covering her source of light before. A feeling from the city shows up once more, a feeling Natalya's would never get sick of. Still, in the pit of her stomach she feels the uneasy queasiness of entering Central City. She will simply blame it on the nerves of driving through afternoon traffic.

"Alright, first thing on the to-do list. Go to Iris!" Iris was the first on her mind after all, it only makes sense to see her first.

Natalya's car come to a stop, waiting for the light to turn green. Her short brown hair pulled back into a low somewhat ponytail. Grey sweater clinging onto her torso and black jeans keeping her skin protected from the biting cold of the car. Even if the heater is on or not.

With one last huff of annoyance, the light turns green and Natalya takes a sharp left turn. C.C. Jitters coming into view, a smile flashing across her face. Finally, a chance to meet up with her friend and make new ones.

The parking lot came closer and closer until she makes another left turn. Parking the car almost perfectly, sitting there for a few minutes. A smile spreading across her face as she watches Iris be the best waitress ever through the windows.

With one last thought, Natalya gets out of the car. Locking the doors behind her and taking a few uneasy steps towards the door. Her tennis-shoes making quiet tapping sounds with each step she took. For once embracing her shortness and not wearing heels. Something Natalya does not do often.

The bell on the door jingles, Iris turns on her heel and smiles brightly at the short brunette. "Talia!" Iris sets down her tray and gives the woman a tight friendly hug.

"Hey Iris, how are you?"

______________

PLEASE EXCUSE/IGNORE ALL SPELLING AND GRAMMAR MISTAKES, THANK YOU!

Oh. My. Gosh! I keep seeing that Enlightenment keeps getting more and more people reading it! My heart is going to explode! I'm so happy, thank you all for your support! Sorry for not constantly updating as well... Not very good at that...! Remember to:

Comment,

Leave a star,

And share to everyone you know!

Social Media:
Instagram- @nerdy_harleyquinn
Twitter-  @NerdyHarleyQuin

AGAIN, PLEASE EXCUSE/IGNORE ALL SPELLING AND GRAMMAR MISTAKES, THANK YOU!