Chapter 22; Disbelief

Previously on "Enlightenment"

   "Goodbye, Joe, th-thank you," with that, her eyes close, and ber body goes limp.

   The ambulance wasnt fast enough, no one was. No one could be fast enough to save her.

   Natalya Roman is dead.

____________

        MICK STARES BLANKLY at the TV. The image of Detective Joe West holding a limp brunette woman with a stab wound to her side flashing on the screen.

       "Natalya Roman was fatally stabbed when on her way to the police station earlier today. Detective Joe West was with her as she slipped in and out of consciousness," the reporter started, "the Russian woman is on her way to the hospital via ambulance, though she is in critical condition. Officials don't think she'll make it through the night--"

       Mick stops listening, not wanting to hear anything else about how the woman he loves may die. He can't accept the truth, it couldn't be happening. She has to live a good, healthy life until her old age. Have a family of her own that she can raise, take to meet her friends and mother. She can't die, not yet, not ever, not before he told her how much she truly means to him.

       Tears well up in his brown orbs, his heart screaming that she will survive, hoping that he will kiss her, while his gut feeling tells him she's dead, and he will never see her honey-dipped, brown eyes every again.

       In all of his years of being a criminal, he knows that his gut feeling is almost always right, and that tears him apart. The thought of never holding her, touching her, seeing her brown hair sway as she walked away. Her innocent face, and delicate lips...

       She's gone, truly, and utterly gone, and he knows that. Knows that he will never see her again, and that he has to go back to normal. Work with Leonard again, take down the superhero. Be the villain he's always wanted to be, yet, he can't even imagine doing all those things, without her by his side.

       Mick Rory is in love, no doubt about it. Now, he will never get to confess his feelings; how he's loved her since the moment they locked eyes. Love at first sight, a thing he's never thought was real, until he met Natalya Roman.

       She is his soulmate, and now... now that he can't have her, he realizes just how much he needs her. How he longs for her chocolate hair and beautiful eyes.

       Tears streaming down his face, his hands clenched, continuously hitting his jean covered legs, "She can't be dead... it's not possible. Sh-she can't leave me, she can't!"

       Mick sobs. It isn't his first time crying like this, and if his love is truly dead, then it won't be the last.

       She's not dead, she's not dead, she's not dead...

       Again, and again, he repeats the same sentence in his head. It feels like he's numb to the world around him. Images of her flashing through his head.

       Her smile, her laugh, her flushed cheeks when she's embarrassed. How she treated the orphans, everything about her he simply just adores. Why couldn't he have his happily ever after? Is it because he's the dragon and shes the princess? Or perhaps it's his own fault for being so bad. Maybe, just maybe it's Leonards fault, for pulling him away for so long to go over the plan for when they go to attack the Flash.

       No, its Micks enemies fault, the goddamn cult that he just loathes. A family of gangsters that rule over Central city and have a thing against Leonard and himself. Yes, it has to be them... who else could it be? The Santini family must be at fault for this.

       It makes him angry, thinking of someone who would dare hurt his girl. Someone will pay, someone will die, the person responsible for this will face his wrath. No one will ever touch Natalya Roman, ever again.

       He vows on it, that he will keep her safe, even if that means leaving her for good, or not explaining certain things, even going as far as lying. He will do anything to protect her, he just hopes that if she makes it out alive, she will understand why he would do all of this.

       Mick Rory will protect and cherish Natalya Roman for the rest of his life, through sickness and health, when things are better, or worse, he will stay by her side, no matter what.

       Well, that is, if she lives.

       Mick wipes his tears, knowing fresh ones will soon take their place. He can't cry, he must stay strong, for her.

       With that, he mutters the last thing he may ever say about her again:

       "I love you, Nat, I always have, and I always will."

_____________

PLEASE EXCUSE/IGNORE ALL SPELLING AND GRAMMAR MISTAKES, THANK YOU!

That was so freaking hard to write guys, I'm not even joking. This short, little chapter ripped my heart apart and just burned it.

Lets hope next chapter is a little happier.

AGAIN, PLEASE EXCUSE/IGNORE ALL SPELLING AND GRAMMAR MISTAKES, THANK YOU!