Chapter 25; Conditions

Previously on "Enlightenment"

The moment he opens it, her eyes go wide, and a small gasp erupts from her mouth.

Mick didn't need to say anything, when a small squeak of an answer comes from her bruised lips.

"Mick, I-I can't..."

____________

UNEDITED

NINE DAYS since Natalya last saw Mick. Nine days ago, he proposed to her, without even dating her. She thought it was for the best, to say no, hes a criminal, and shes a bystander. Natalya doesn't want to be classified as a criminal, she never has, she doesn't want to be on the run, and Mick is.

At the time, it was logical to say no, now, not so much. She misses him, more then anything in the world. She wakes up everyday knowing that she broke someones heart, knowing that she broke her own heart.

Natalya was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon, and now she sulks in her childhood bedroom in her mothers home. The walls are painted a dark red, with a large window seat on the right wall to the door. The bed is in the left corner of the room to the door, the Queen bed is decorated with white sheets and light grey blankets and throw-pillows. A large grey teddybear with a grey bowtie, around five foot tall, lays in the corner of her bed. The fading metal bed frame slightly away from the wall to avoid scraping the paint. Above the bed is a corckboard, filled with picture from all throughout her life, up to when she ran away. Beside her bed is a grey nightstand, various little trjnkets spread out acrossed it in a neat, yet messy way. On the wall across her bed and three feet from the door is a forty-inch mounted TV, below it is her grey dresser, completely cleared off.

The window seat is wood, painted a white color to match the trim and door in Natalya's old room. The padding on the window seat is a light grey, like the rest of her furniture and bed set, various colored throw pillows and a dark red throw blankey strewn across it, sheer, very light red curtains cascade down and covers the seat, still letting light in but not as much if they were open.

Theres a vanity to the left of the window seat, its also white with a grey vanity seat. Its covered in makeup and bathroom essentials. A large mirror attached to the vanity, poctures of her childhood friends stuck to the corners. Nayalya smiles when looking at the vanity, it bringing back many fond memories.

Next, her eyes lays on a full length mirror is attacheted to the top of the door, dark red like the walls in her room. She frowns, remembering that the mirror had shattered one night when her father was really bad, her mother must of replaced it.

She lets out a sigh, falling back into her bed she was once sitting up in. A S.T.A.R. labs sweatshirt covering her chest, and blood red, mid-thigh length shorts, her feet covered in black knee-high socks. Her brown, naturally high-lightled hair is messily thrown up into a messy bun, many stray hairs falling out of it considering how short her hair is.

Natalya groans, taking one of her many throw-pillows and shoving it in her face, hoping she may 'accidentally' suffocate herself.

"дорогой, наши специальные гости прибыли!" Mrs. Roman calls out from down stairs. Natalya slowly sits up, setting the pillow down beside her. She doesn't know about any guest joining them for dinner.

Natalya gets out of bed, her feet hitting the soft white carpet. She looks down at what shes wearing and visibly pales. Knowing she can't go downstairs looking how she is, she rushes over to her dresser to find some pants. After rummaging through her pants drawer, she finds a pair of black leggings. She slides off her shorts and trade them in for the leggings. She steps in front of the full length mirror, fixing her hair and any item thats out of place. She takes her hair out of the bun, running her fingers through it.