Chapter 13; A Lead

Previously on "Enlightenment"

"Anything you need help with to bring in, Talia?" she simply shakes her head, taking her first step out of the cozy car. Anxiety pooling in her veins, thoughts of being denied by Joe. Him saying that she is not aloud to spend her stay with them. Natalya knows that it's not real, she knows. But a part deep down in her says that she should follow her instinct.

They walk into the small house. Joe coming out from the kitchen, greeting the two woman with a warm smile. That's when Natalya knows that she is welcome, and forever will be welcomed in the West house.

____________

THE NIGHT IN CENTRAL CITY IS STILL YOUNG for Natalya Roman. As she predicted before, the West family welcomed her into their home. Letting her stay in the guest bedroom without a second thought.

Now, Natalya sits in bed, the lights out except for a single lap on her bed side table. Papers and books spread out everywhere on the sheets, clipboard and pencil in hand. She's been trying to get more information on Mike, wanting to find out who he really is as soon as possible.

Her mind is clouded with so many thoughts, her priorities lost in the depths of her mind. The only way for her to get back on track and truly pay attention to things is when this mystery is finally solved.

Finally, with one last sigh of irritation, Natalya stands from the bed. She sets down her clipboard and pencil in the bedside table, continuing with organizing her papers. Putting them neatly in the drawer, running her fingers through her hair. Only in a red sports bra and spanks, her bra has yellow stitching and a light orange rim. Her spanks are black with light grey stitching, nothing special.

"Успокойся, только немного дольше, дети будут в порядке ..." as if on instinct, her native language came spewing out of her mouth when she spoke to herself. Climbing into the bed, trying to ignore the still ongoing traffic of Central City outside. Even if she is in a relatively quiet neighborhood.

With one last burst of energy, Natalya rolls over and turns off the lamp, letting the darkness consume her very being. Next thing she knows, she is slowly drifting off into a deep slumber...

¥ ¥ ¥

The sun rises over the mountains in the distance. A bright glow coming in from the window in the guest room residing in the West family home. Laying in bed is Natalya Roman, ignoring the streaming light and trying to sleep once more. Back at her home outside of Central City, her rooms window always has certain over it.

Sadly, all thoughts of sleeping longer are foiled, the door opening abruptly. Natalya feels the blanket covering her being pulled off, the cold air hitting her bare skin.

"Common Talia, time to get up!" Natalya knew that voice, it was none other than Jenny Cold. Natalya now knowing that sleeping in is impossible with her friend here. Jenny is an early bird, and likes to force that upon others when she is around. Jenny let's out an irritated groan, "Joe has breakfast ready."

Natalya sits up at the mention of Joe's breakfast. She wasn't one to be excited about food, but Joe's breakfasts are the best. Especially compared to her cooking... Jenny let's out a hardy laugh, shaking her head at her Russian friend.

"Get dressed Tal, remember your party tonight," Jenny reminds her, turning away on her heel. She takes a few long strides out of the room, shutting the door gently behind her. Leaving Natalya behind in the guest room. Natalya may wake up earlier for work, but she is definitely not a morning person, unlike Jenny.