2. Weird

Dazai's POV

It's been a few days since I've been visiting the bar 'Esdeath'. It has honestly been very...pleasant. The atmosphere is calm, with not that many people visiting it and the drinks are pretty decent too.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't expecting the beautiful bar owner/bartender to make any suggestive moves towards me, after the little predicament on the first day that I visited the bar. But surprisingly, she hasn't even shown a hint of interest in approaching me that way. Not that I actually cared or anything. I just-

"Wanted a beautiful girl to commit suicide withhh!"

"Oi Dazai!!" I hear my partner, Kunikida, call me. I look at him and take off my headphones that had been playing a suicide song.

"Oh Kunikida! Have you finally given some thought on finding someone for me to commit double suicide with?" I say smiling charmingly while laying leisurely on the sofa.

A fist comes colliding down on my head and I fall off the sofa that I was lounging on.

"Dazai you've been slacking off more than usual and it's getting on my nerves." Kunikida says as I see visible veins pop on his forehead. I grin charmingly and stand up dramatically whilst doing a little twirl.

"Kunikida-kun~... you don't know the amount of pressure and stress I go through while trying to commit suicide. It honestly is like my second job." I sob dramatically, the back of my hand on my forehead.

Kunikida groans and pinches his nose bridge while putting one hand on his hips.

"The president informed me that we were requested for a job starting tomorrow." Kunikida says with a steady and serious expression.

"Oh~ I hope it provides a good form of entertainment then~ I was right about to rot because of boredom~ "

-

"Welcome!" I hear a familiar voice greet me when I enter the door. I smile and make my way to sit on my usual chair.

"What will you have Dazai-san? The usual?" (Y/N) asks smiling a gentle and warm smile. I nod and watch her quickly prepare my drink and place it in front of me as I yawn and place my chin on my palm.

"Say (Y/N)-san....-" I start and she turns her attention towards me.
"-have you considered my offer of committing double suicide together?" I smile charmingly and pick up my drink.
"Won't it be such a beautiful and romantic way of dying?" I continue and I hear her laugh. A soft and gentle laugh that dances around the fairly empty bar.

"I'm sorry Dazai-san but I think I want to live a longer life than you do." She says laughing.

"Oh well it cant be helped then. The offer will still remain (Y/N)-san~" I smile and sip my drink as my eyes unconsciously travel to her gloved hands.

Something that I had always been curious of was the lady's hand was always covered with a plain white glove. I had certainly never seen any other bartenders do something like that.
Since the day I first saw (Y/N) she had been wearing a glove. Even after all the nights I've visited the bar, I can't recall a single day when I've seen her bare hands and the matter had actually strangely piqued my curiosity. I also remember noticing the trash bin underneath the counter being filled with the same type of white gloves. Maybe because of the fact my arms are wrapped in bandages as well, hiding the scars that I wish for no one to see, but I wonder if it just how she likes to dress, a fashion preference or is there a reason deeper than that?

~~~~~~~

Y'all have a good day !