3. Unusual

Third Person POV

After a long day at the bar, (Y/N) wipes down the bar counter with a spray bottle in her white gloved hand. She then moves to the tables and wipes them down with the same liquid. After finishing up, she stretches and walks behind the counter. She takes off one of her gloves and her heart wrenches at the sight of her hands. Right then the door bell chimes. She hurriedly puts the glove back on and turns to the door.

"Sorry! We're closed!" She says but sees a familiar face in the door.

"Dazai-san?" She looks at the handsome man, surprised.

"(Y/N)-san..I'm sorry to disturb you when you're closing up." Dazai apologizes, guilt washing over his handsome face while looking at the long white haired lady.

"No, of course not Dazai-san! Is something wrong?" (Y/N) asks, curious as to why the man was in the bar.

"I think I left my suicide book here." He says sighing a troubled sigh. (Y/N) giggles and shakes her head in defeat.

"Was it so important that you had to come all the way back again?" (Y/N) laughs putting away the spray bottle and throwing away the wiping cloth in the dustbin. Dazai notices the strange action but shrugs it off as a cleaning habit that (Y/N) might have.

"Let's look for it now, shall we Dazai-san?" (Y/N) smiles and walks out from behind the bar counter. Dazai nods and starts looking around the bar frantically.

(Y/N) looks around the tables and the counter but all in vain when she isn't able to find what she was looking for. She sighs and pouts in defeat.

"Dazai-san are you sure you left it in here?" She asks the man while looking below the tables and chairs thinking that Dazai might've dropped the book on the floor. Dazai nods and folds his arms and his brows furrowing.

"I'm pretty sure I had it when I came in here.." He mumbles.

"Can't you just buy a new one?" (Y/N) frowns and looks at the handsome man.

"No! It was a limited edition version and you can't just find it anywhere! It took me 3 days to get my hands on that book!" Dazai groans and ruffles his hair while crouching in frustration.

(Y/N) sighs and looks at the man sympathetically. She walks around the place checking whether they had checked all the places where Dazai could've dropped the book but she doesn't see any sign of the man's limited edition suicide book. She sighs and sits on a chair.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)-san. Making you stay overtime to look for my book." Dazai sulks and sits next to (Y/N). (Y/N) smiles and shakes her head.

"No, no~ It's alright! It's the least I could do Dazai-san. After all, you're a regular here." (Y/N) says smiling gently. Dazai smiles back before standing up.

"Well I guess I should get going then." Dazai says, a little dejected that he didn't find what he had lost. He looks at the clock which striked three hours after midnight.

"Should I walk you home (Y/N)-san? It's not safe for a young, beautiful lady like you to walk alone at this time of the night~" Dazai says, a hint of worry lacing his playful and cheery tone.

(Y/N) is a bit taken back from the offer but shakes her head, an easy smile playing on her lips.

"No, its okay Dazai-san. I live upstairs so I wont have to go out." She says, pointing up with her gloved hand while looking at the man. Dazai's eyes widen and he quickly laughs.

"Well okay (Y/N)-san. I guess I'll see you again! Good night~" Dazai says smiling charmingly and (Y/N) smiles back nodding.

"Good night, Osamu-san." She says grinning, her tone slightly teasing. Dazai's stomach feels a little tingly, hearing the girl call his first name for the first time but he's too stubborn to ever admit it. Thus, he waves it off as the alcohol acting up in his system.

Dazai exits the bar and (Y/N) locks the door after he leaves, flipping the 'OPEN' sign around. She looks at the floor where Dazai stood and bites her lips, fidgeting with her fingers. She quickly walks towards the back door and brings out a mop and a bucket of cleaning liquid. (Y/N) takes the mop and aggressively puts it in the bucket while moving it in the liquid. She quickly twists the mop, squeezing out the liquid into the bucket and aggressively starts to clean the floor of the bar.

After about an hour of constant cleaning (Y/N) finally stores the cleaning equipments in the small closet. She slides off her gloves and wordlessly stares at her hands, then throwing the gloves into the trash bin with slight force. She then takes off her apron and throws it into the trash bin as well. (Y/N) then turns the lights of the bar off and heads towards a back door which led to the stairs leading up to her apartment. Closing the door behind her, she walks up the staircase, her footsteps somehow sounding unusually loud in contrast to the quietness of the entire building.

~~~~~~~~

Hope everyone has a lovely day!