15. An Unsettling Feeling

ஜீ

"If I feel like you're lying, I'll drop you from the roof of that building." Dazai says to the man while pointing behind him, towards an old building next to the alley.

"So mister, what do you know about the Goethe Family?" Dazai asks the man slumped down against the wall. "Have they been doing anything that seems....let's say, a little 'out of place'?"

"I don't know.. I don't do business for those guys.." The man trails off before a sudden realization comes across his eyes.
"Actually.. those guys have been all over the place lately..." The man says while groaning in pain due to his prior injuries.
"I don't know the details but I heard the family's been actin' pretty shady. Even a couple of days ago, the family bought almost an entire street in the Red light area. It's gettin' on the nerves of a lot of people who you don't wanna mess with." The man continues.

"Why's that?" Dazai raises an eyebrow.

"'Cause it ain't their turf man. The underground ain't the Tigers' territory. But for the past several months, the Goethe Family has been gettin' their nose in there and it's pissing a lot of people." The man says gruffly and spits out the blood inside his mouth on the street.

"Including John Leonstein?" The man nods uncomfortably.

"Any idea why they would do something like this?"

"I don't know man. But word on the street is that the head of the Goethe family is letting another person take over."

Dazai's breath hitches as he hears the man. A family head never hands the management of the family completely to another person unless they're dead. In that case, another person takes over. However, the head of the family, Goethe L. Dornez, is still alive. Dazai even met him at the bar a couple of days ago. So, why would he let someone else run the operations? This didn't add up.

"I call bullshit." He says while he grabs the man's collar and starts to drag him towards the building.

"Hey! You asked! I only told you what I knew and heard man. I didn't make up shit! Let me go!" The man groans and shouts while thrashing around.
Dazai glances at the man and drops him on the pavement. The man groans in pain, slowly crawling to the alleywall to support himself to stand, or in his case, lay his back against.

Dazai sighs and shoves his hands into the pockets of his beige coat. The chilly weather makes Dazai's breath visible as he sighs. Right then he breaks out into a wide smile, his eyes glinting as he turns back around to look at the man.

"Wait a minute, if you don't have intel on then, you can go ask around then!"

The brunette slowly starts to walk out of the alley, his footsteps echoing around him. Right after he comes out of the alley, Dazai starts to walk into the crowded street. He swiftly mixes in with the bustling crowd of the city before glancing behind him slightly.

A man in a black suit runs out of the alleyway as well, following Dazai. He hastily looks around before talking on his phone. He glances all around the street, looking for someone, before finally heading the other way, still talking on his phone.

Dazai huffs and proceeds to calmly walk among the crowd.
As he walks, an unsettling feeling creeps up from the pit of his stomach. His usually calm and collected face changes into a much more troubled one. His eyebrows furrow as the hands in his pockets scrunch up the fabric on inside of the pockets of his trench coat. He stares forward as he walks before whispering under his breath,

       "What is this unsettling feeling..?"

"I'm sorry, young master! I lost track of him." A man in a black suit kneels on the floor.
A man seated behind a large mahogany table taps his index finger on the surface of the said table rhythmically.

"I had given you one job." A smooth voice reverberates in the room as the man speaks, his fingers continuing to tap on the surface of the wooden table

tap tap tap

"Y-yes, young master! I-I'm sorry that I failed you! I beg for your forgiveness." The man kneeling on the floor says in a shaky voice while bowing his head.

A sweet laughter is emitted as the man on the chair laughs, a charming yet eerie smile coming across his face.

"Forgiveness doesn't make the world go round, James—" The man trails off as he stands up from the chair and walks towards the man kneeling on the floor. The man raises his head as he looks at the other man with fear evident in his eyes.
He walks behind him and kneels, his arms snaking up behind the man referred to as 'James'. The man's exquisitely suited chest is pressed against James' back as he gently touches James' face, tipping his head up slightly with his fingertips before whispering in his ear,

  "—the wonderful emotion of fear does."

———

THANK YOU ALL FOR 10k!! I HOPE Y'ALL WILL KEEP ENJOYING THE CHAPTERS THAT I FURTHER PUT OUT. HOPEFULLY, THEY WONT SUCK ASS. THANK YOU!!:'))))

THIS WAS A PRETTY LONG CHAPTER CAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHEN I'LL BE ABLE TO WRITE ANOTHER ONE. HAHAHAHHAHAHAYEET
ANYWAYS,

Have an amazing day my dudes, my homies, my guys, my readers💕😔
xoxo