New Terminology

Q - "What's your opinion on people constantly proposing new terms (such as alterhuman, cameotype, and in the fictionkin community subkin/subtype)? Nice that people are creating new language or needless word salad?

"A subtype is a proposed term for a fictional kintype's kintype. Say, if you were Harry Potter-kin an remember being a deer therian, but you don't presently identify as a deer. In that case a deer would be your 'subkin' (as the coiner of the word said, though I prefer to call it subtype).

"Cameotype is basically a catch-all term for anything that's important enough to your alter-human experience that you want to mention it, but doesn't fit under any other term."

---

A - In this case I don't know if subkin is a useful term. Being Therian or Otherkin is about presently feeling something that you attribute to being nonhuman. Or experiencing something that you think is outside of the normal range of human experiences that makes you feel nonhuman. If you don't presently identify as that then it's not really related in any way. And I don't think there needs to be a term for it.

I think alter-human is a good term, and I've seen lots of people use it.

My other thoughts on this are that, even if it's a good term, because there are so many varied social media platforms now, I worry that it doesn't get spread around and used as much as it should. In some cases if a term isn't good or isn't useful, all these multiple social media plateforms could be a good thing. But it really depends on if a lot of people find it useful. But just one person making a term to use for themselves could be confusing when other people try to talk to them about their experiences. A lot of terms are being created that are very similar to terms we already have, so they are not really useful. I think we have people doing that because they think they will get some online fame or attention. So I think it's best to find a term that we already have that fits your experiences if that's possible.