Life as a Therian

Q - What is theriathropy like for you? How do you go about your daily life knowing you are a therian; and do you always acknowledge your wolf side when doing daily routines/errands? Is it important to you? Are you always in a therianthropic mindset throughout every day?

---

A - I don't think we should be focusing on Therianthropy or being a Therianthropy 100% of the time. We definitely should not be obsessing over it because that's not healthy. We need to be able to focus on other aspects of our lives too. I consider myself a vacillant Therian. My shifts are not very strong any more, but I do have them. I am always kind of in a wolfish mindset, and it's kind of ingrained in my personality now. Or at least I attribute my behaviors and mindset to that of being wolf-like. You know, I don't really ask other people in my life, "Hey, do I seem normal?" cause that would be weird. I just let myself be. I actually think it's important to not focus on Therianthropy all the time. If we focus on it, we could be tricking ourselves into feeling that, so it's good to just be ourselves. Just let ourselves unfold. Just take note of that an be mindful of it. We need to feel that animal within us without thinking about it all the time.

It is a little tough for me to be at work in the same place 8 hours a day, five days week. I do get restless sometimes. To alleviate that, I try to be active as much as I can. I'm in the upper floor of where I work, so I try to take the stairs whenever I can to get some exercise. I try to move around whenever I can. I am a graphic designer, so I'm mostly sitting at a computer, but I also used to work in the production side of things. Sometimes if I get restless I go downstairs to the production area, and I help those employees with orders that need to get done, and I work in production for an hour or two.

I did struggle with my awakening and accepting that I was a Therian when I was younger. But now, I actually think that the struggle and some things that I've gone through have made me a better person overall.