Grow up out of Therianthropy?

Q - In your adult life have you ever felt like you needed to "grow up" out of therianthropy or have you always been okay with your identity?

---

A - Again, no, I have not always been okay with the belief of Therianthropy or the identity of being a Therianthrope. It was during the process of awakening that I questioned the most. I was glad that I found other people online. I was happy that I found other Therianthropes, but sometimes I still thought, "Oh, I'm crazy. This can't be possible. This can't be real." I was pretty critical of myself, but it's been with me for a long time now, for many years. At this point, I've pretty much accepted it. I will add that I even almost outright denied sometimes, but denying it isn't good. It's best to not completely accept it. You have to question it, but denying it isn't good because it just always comes back stronger if you really are a Therian. But when it comes back stronger it can be in an unhealthy way. Shifts are kind of hard to control. It's best just to be yourself.

The process of coming to terms with being a Therianthrope can be a lenthy processes of many years. Be patient with yourself. Do I ever feel like I need to "grow up" out of Therianthropy? No. I've always considered myself more mature. Even as a teenager I was more mature than most of my classmates. As an adult, I'm still more mature and level-headed than a lot of the people I know. So, I don't think we need to "grow up" because of Therianthropy. There are a lot adults in the community, whether active or not. I don't think maturity is directly related to identifying as a Therianthrope.

Other factors of maturity include personality, how one was raised, life experiences, culture, age, etc.