Ulfrvif's Awakening

Q - explain your awakening

Q - Can you remember when exactly you discovered your Therioside/that you were a Therian? What was it like?

Q - What age did you awaken, and do you think that affected anything that you believed as a therian?

---

A - I think I've written quite a few blogs in the past about my Therian awakening and my experiences. I can link to some of my blogs down below the video or the transcript. You can look for those there. Basically, to try to summarize everything, one day in high school, I just remembered feeling a tail, ears, muzzle, and fur on my body. I didn't understand what was happening to me. I had not encountered the Therian community or any other Therianthropes online before it happened. So I went online to try to figure out what I had experienced and try to find information. Thankfully I did find a couple Therian forums that lead me to phantom shifting. I'm pretty sure that's what I had experienced. I was very happy to find people who had experienced what I had. I think I was 13 or 14 at the time that I had this first phantom shift.

I still did not accept it completely right way. There was lots of questioning for many years. And doubt. I doubted it for a long time. Does age affect belief in Therianthropy? Yes, I was fairly young when I awakened, but I didn't spend a lot of time online. I just kind of perused the forums. I gathered some information that I needed, and then I kind of went offline a lot to figure things out for myself. I wasn't really influenced by interacting with other Therians a lot.

I'm still learning new things about Therianthropy and myself into adulthood. I don't think we should ever stop questioning or being curious about our existence. Do I think age is a factor? Yes, I think it is. Our brains and personalities, likes and dislikes, and characteristics about ourselves are constantly growing and changing throughout our lives. Our brains are still growing, I believe, it's until we are in our early twenties. That could be why we see a lot of younger members change their theriosides a lot. When they start to awaken they still don't have a lot of life experience yet. They don't have a lot of behaviors to look back on to attribute to one animal or another. That just means they don't really have a good idea of what nonhuman species they are yet. All of that comes with time.

Ulfrvif'sDreamwidth - https://ulfrvif.dreamwidth.org/

Ulfrvif'sTumblr - https://ulfrvif.tumblr.com/main