Howl Month?

Q - What do you think of howl month?

---

A - I definitely think that "Howl Month" is a much better name that something like "Therian or Kin Pride". Pride should be reserved for LGTBQ+ people's because they had to go through a lot of hardship and fight for their rights. Our community was built up on people meeting together in real life as much as online. I think it would be really nice if more of us could meet together in person again. However, the majority of people active is fairly young, and there becomes some issues with much older individuals like myself meeting much younger teenagers. We would need to be careful about that.

I think most Therians today find it easy to find a Furry convention near them that's already organized and all meet there. At furry conventions there's usually lots of security around and helpful people that you can go to if something goes wrong during the meeting with these other people or your don't feel safe. That's definitely a positive about furry conventions. I think it can be a safer environment instead of just meeting random people at a random place that you might not be familiar with. So, yeah, maybe you want to try to go to a furry convention first instead of try to organize something yourself.