10 - how he dies

Donghyuck races to find some way to break into the cemetery. He knows climbing would be impossible due to the fact he was not the best climber, and he had no idea how he would even approach doing it, so that was out of the question. He instead opts to run along the sidewalk in hopes to find another entrance.

Donghyuck paces along the gate, frantically scanning it for any way in, and to his surprise, a particular part of the gate catches his eye merely a few yards away from the front entrance. He comes to a halt as he notices there's a hole in it, just at the base of the gate where it should be touching the ground. It wasn't large by any means, but it appears just big enough that Donghyuck is sure he can crawl through. Without a second thought, he instantly drops to his knees and clambers through the opening. He manages to get his upper half through without a cinch, and he even feels a jolt of happiness as he realizes he's that much closer to being able to get to Mark. That is, until a sharp pain surges through Donghyuck's calf. He screams in pain, quickly dropping to lay flat on his stomach. He wriggles the rest of the way into the cemetery by crawling on his forearms and dragging the rest of him through. He then flips himself over onto his back and sits up. He tucks his leg into his chest and peers around to find a gash running from just below the back of his knee, down to the middle of his calf. He whimpers as he looks over at the gate and sees blood drip from one of the metal bars. All of the bars are now straightened and are pointed like spikes. They are much closer to the ground than they were before, and by the looks of it, there was no way of escaping through the same place, should he be able to save Mark. It was much too small of a gap now.

Donghyuck scrambles to get on his feet and continue onward. Though he is injured, he knows time is of the essence, and he could not allow his leg to slow him down. He needed to reach Mark quickly, no matter what.

Donghyuck rushes past headstone after headstone with a slight limp. The searing pain in his calf causes him to whimper and hiss, but he refuses to let it stop him. The moment he reaches the dirt road which Yoojung and Mark had been following beforehand, his heart does a small flip from the pride he feels for being just that much closer to reaching them.

He travels along the road, feeling his stomach sink further and further as he looks around at the masses of graves. It was a grim sight, and the trees surrounding the area are dense like a forest, only making the atmosphere more unsettling to be in. It makes Donghyuck's skin crawl. He passes by a few graves and takes note of the fact the soil was disturbed. Though Donghyuck tries to tell himself a grave robber must've dug it up to steal the corpses' possessions, the way the dirt isn't put into a pile nor thrown carelessly several feet from the grave makes it appear as if someone...or something...clawed their way out. Donghyuck attempts to dismiss this and convince himself that he's being illogical and that he just has an overactive imagination, but he couldn't help but still feel terrified.

Rustling could be heard coming from the trees just beyond where Donghyuck stands, and in that moment, he feels his heart stop beating. He watches as humanoid silhouettes come into view.

"Oh fuck," Donghyuck breathes.

As the silhouettes dart out from the shadows and into the bright moonlight, Donghyuck can see them much clearer. The creatures resemble humans in a few ways, but there's several major unsettling differences. Their skin is grayish and practically translucent. Their facial features are indistinct and smoothed out for the most part. Where there should be eyes appears to just be a continuation of their hairless head: smooth with no indication of anything having been there or that was supposed to be there. Although they have noses, they're just two sharp slits. They have small pointed ears on either side of their head, proving to be the most distinct body part on it. Their mouths don't appear to have identifiable lips, appearing to just be a long line that disturbs the otherwise smooth face. Their bodies hunch over with their spines seemingly fused into their backs like dulled spikes. Their fingers are abnormally long and have sharp, pointed nails on the ends of them.