11 - if it weren't for us

Yoojung morphs back into her normal form and snaps her head towards Donghyuck. She gives him a wide, wicked grin that puts the Cheshire Cat to shame.

"If you want him so badly, come get him," she taunts him.

Mark suddenly goes flying across the mausoleum to the opposite side from which the staircase ends. His back hits against the wall in a small space between two tombs. His feet are slightly elevated above the ground, giving the impression that he's either hanging off something or being pinned against the wall, but there doesn't appear to be anything physically holding Mark to it. Still, he's stuck there like a fly in a spider's web, waiting idly to be eaten alive.

Donghyuck musters up all of his energy and staggers down the stairs. Due to his injuries, his descent is a bit more clumsy than it should be, and it earns a condescending laugh from Yoojung. Still, he reaches the bottom and takes strides in Mark's direction.

Donghyuck's eyes widen as it becomes apparent that he's slowing down. He looks to his feet and realizes they're sinking into the ground, which now has the consistency of wet cement. He tries to press on, but trudging through only slows him down more.

"Look at you! Pathetic!" Yoojung cackles, "Always such a coward."

Donghyuck takes in sharp breaths whilst his mind races to find some sort of solution. He needed to get to Mark. He had to. Donghyuck whimpers as he wishes Mark was in a conscious state so that he could tell him what to do, or at the very least, get him to stop panicking. He always knew what to do, even in circumstances like this, and he always knew just what to say to calm him down.

It's then that Donghyuck realizes he needs to clear his head and take this from a much less anxious perspective. Donghyuck closes his eyes and recalls Mark coaching him on breathing while they were in the classroom trying to evade the Doberman. He remembers Mark's guidance and breathes accordingly. In...hold...and out. In...hold...and out.

Once he manages to get his breathing under control, Donghyuck smiles slightly and mentally thanks Mark before opening his eyes. He gasps in shock upon seeing the ground is solid once again. Feeling an odd, newfound energy, Donghyuck faces Yoojung. The expression on her face is a mix of confusion and anger with her mouth gaping open. She shuts it and begins grinding her teeth.

"How about we settle this once and for all," he sneers.

"Are you challenging me to a fight? In your state? Ha. Gladly," she hisses back as a smirk returns to her face, "While we're at it, how about I let a few friends join me?"

Before Donghyuck can object, a low growl distracts him. He watches on as a pair of glowing red eyes appear in the shadows where the light of the torches don't reach.

"Come here, boy," Yoojung commands, and the Doberman which Mark and Donghyuck had seen at the school comes bounding towards her. He comes to a halt at her feet and sits obediently.

"Miss us?" a voice asks from behind Donghyuck, startling him. Five corpses make their way around so he can see them. His friends surround him, all with broken stitches on their mouths.

Donghyuck's eyes quickly flicker back to Yoojung and the dog, but now the malevolent clown stands beside her, giving Donghyuck a malicious stare. A loud bang causes the tanned boy to cower in fear whilst inhuman hissing commences. A small group of the creatures which he had encountered before now enter into the mausoleum. With a wave of her hand, they stop just behind Yoojung and stand idly, almost as if waiting for a command.

Donghyuck trembles violently as his eyes wander around the room. He's surrounded. A feeling of helplessness crashes over him like a tidal wave and consumes him. He glances over his shoulder in Mark's direction with tears in his eyes.