Chapter 4

Sorry if I update at inconvenient times, I sleep from 9pm-5am and just update when I wake up

~~

"What are you wearing?" I asked.

Frank frowned and looked down at his hoodie that had 'cunt' written on it in white.

"Take that off," I said. "Wear a sweater."

Frank sighed and went upstairs before coming back with a dark blue sweater.

"Better?" He asked and I nodded. "Well, Bert should be here soon."

I nodded, tidying everything up. Frank kept telling me that everything was fine but I was worrying too much, I felt a little bit sick almost. The doorbell rang and I nearly jumped out of my socks.

"Don't worry, Gerard, this is gonna be fine," he said.

I nodded and we went over to open the door. We smiled and shook hands with Bert as he stepped inside.

"So, I checked out the area and it seems pretty nice," he said. "The schools are really nice, too. It's a really good community."

I nodded. "That's a big reason why I moved here, the schools. And because it's a really safe area."

Bert nodded and looked around.

"Now, I just have a little checklist to go through and some questions," he said, pulling out a clipboard. "Alright, well, can I see the kitchen?"

I nodded and led him in. He looked at the fridge and inside some of the drawers.

"I was gonna babyproof some of the cabinets and drawers that needed it," I said.

Bert nodded and looked out into the backyard.

"Pretty big backyard," he said. "And it's completely fenced in?"

"Yes," I said.

We walked around the house and got up to the nursery.

"You have everything set up already?" He asked.

"Yeah, I-I just really want a child," I said. "We want a child. And, well, you know I've already tried coming to the agency."

Bert nodded and tested opening the window.

"Can I see the bathroom?" He asked.

We went into the bathroom and he looked around at the bathtub and the toilet, as well as under the sink to see what kind of dangerous cleaning products could possibly be kept there.

"Where do you keep your cleaning products?" he said.

"In the laundry room downstairs where the door is usually kept shut and I'll put baby proofing on the cabinet when the baby starts walking or getting into things," I said.

"Good," he said. "Also toddlers may get into toilet paper too. Not usually dangerous but I don't think you'll enjoy cleaning up the mess."

I smiled softly, nodding my head.

"And I'm sure you know about other things like bathing and teeth brushing and things like that," he said.

"Of course," Frank said. "I'll probably be doing most of the baths, Gerard gets really scared and overprotective and he always gets worried when bathing his niece because he's scared that he might hurt her. I think it's adorable, sweetheart."

I forced a smile on my face as I looked at him and he kissed my cheek.

"I love you," I said.

"Love you too," Frank said with a mocking smile.