Chapter 11

"Gerard, your baby is crying," Frank said over the phone.

I let out a whine as I looked at my phone, it was about three in the morning and there was crying over the baby monitor. When I hadn't gone right up to check on her Frank decided to call me.

"Can't you get her?" I asked.

"Not my baby," he said.

I whined before hanging up. I dragged myself out of bed and down the hall to the nursery where my two week old baby cried. I carried her downstairs and set her into her little seat before heating up a bottle. She finally calmed down when the nipple went into her mouth and I sighed in relief.

I was tired and stressed. I loved my little girl with all my heart but waking up so much in the middle of the night was really taking a toll on me. Frank wasn't any help, he never got up for the baby.

-+-

Screaming woke me up and I whimpered. It's only been an hour. I got up and shushed her and bounced her but nothing would calm her down. She didn't need a diaper change or anything. I finally resorted to just giving her a pacifier and going back to bed.

-+-

Two hours later I was up again, this time for a diaper full of shit. I scrunched my nose up as she waved her little arms in the air. Thankfully she wasn't one to cry or throw a fit when i had to give her a diaper changed. I got her changed back into her pajamas before curling up to sleep again.

-+-

When I woke up the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. I looked at the clock and gasped when I saw it was already past noon.

"Fuck," I muttered.

That means it's been a whole seven hours since Bandit last woke up, what if something was wrong? How am I so bad of a dad? What if she did cry and I slept through it and something was wrong and now she's dead? Oh god, I'm the worst dad ever.

I went down the hall to the nursery and my heart stopped when I saw the crib was empty. I ran down the stairs, ready to call the police when I noticed Frank on the couch feeding Bandit.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"She was crying and I thought you probably needed your sleep," he said.

"Thank you," I mumbled. "I really fucking did."

I sat on the couch next to him and smiled.

"You would make a great dad, you know," I said.

"Nah, you're the good parent here, not me," he denied.

"Frank, you're loving and caring, that's all you need to be a parent," I said.

Frank looked up at me with a small smile on his face. There was a small glimmer in his eye that made my heart skip a beat again. I frowned in confusion but tried not to think about it at all.

"You Alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said. "I can take her if you want."

"She looks comfortable," he said. "And you smell, go take a shower. I've got her."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're gonna have the best time," he said.

I went up to the bathroom and sighed. The hot water was relaxing, it's been about a week since I last showered. But I didn't want to stay in for long, being away from Bandit for too long made me anxious. When I went back down I saw Frank cradling Bandit as he softly sang to her.