Chapter 9

Ok I know this seems fast

~~

Time was passing by so fast. I always thought this part would take the longest but it didn't. This went by so fast, maybe it was just because I've been busy with work. But it was already Christmas Eve and here we were at the hospital heading into the delivery room.

"Holy shit, I'm gonna be sick," I mumbled.

"It's gonna be fine," Frank said as he held my hand.

It was a thing he did now completely out of habit, sometimes he'll just reach over and hold my hand at home.

"It hurts," Jamia sobbed.

"I know, sweetheart, you need to push now," the doctor said.

Jamia reached over to hold Frank's other hand and he winced in pain.

"Holy fuck you have a strong grip," he muttered.

I smiled, watching the nurses bumble around as we stood by Jamia's head.

"I-I can't do it," she cried.

"You can, it's gonna be okay," Frank said. "I know it hurts. Only a little bit more now."

"She's crowning, Jamia, you need to push now," the doctor said.

Jamia screamed and frank winced again as she squeezed. All the sudden there were little cries and my heart stopped.

"Congratulations, it's a girl," the doctor said. "Would one of you like to cut the cord?"

"I do," I said.

I went over and cut the cord before she went over to get cleaned. They handed her back and I grinned, holding my little daughter in my arms.

"Is she okay?" I asked. "She's completely healthy?"

"We're gonna do some tests," the nurse said. "We need you to fill out the paperwork for the birth certificate."

They took her to the other side of the room and I looked at Jamia. She was sweating and breathing heavily, tired and relaxed.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Just rad," she breathed out.

Frank chuckled and squeezed her hand. Everyone ended up shifted around but soon frank and I were in a room alone with Bandit. I cried as I held her, looking at her beautiful dark eyes.

"Hey, Bandit," I whispered. "You're so beautiful."

Tears were rolling down my cheeks as I looked up at Frank.

"Thank you so much," I cried. "Th-this is all because of you."

Frank smiled and rubbed my back.

"You wanna hold her?" I asked.

He nodded and I handed Bandit to him. Frank smiled as she looked up at him.

"She's gorgeous, Gerard," He said.

I nodded, wiping away my tears.

"Is your family coming?" He asked.

"No I told them it was okay since it was Christmas Eve and they were busy," I said. "But we're all getting together tomorrow for Christmas and we're taking her home then so they'll be able to meet her."

"That's good, I know your mom is really excited," he said.

I grabbed my phone so I could FaceTime Kristin. When she answered she had a huge smile.