the eighth

monday - 1:09 p.m.

i didn't take the bus to school today. nick picked me up.

i've been taking the bus at seven sharp every morning for the past three months now and it's getting lonely. it was nice not having to plug in my earphones and look out the window not being able to talk to anyone about how pretty a day it was. instead, he played his mixtape and we sang along to his favorite song.

he walked with me to my locker too. he didn't stop talking and i didn't stop smiling. my usual quiet and lonely morning was nowhere to be found. it was different, but i liked it. after i filled my bag up with the books i needed he walked me to class. i was sad to have to interrupt his story telling but i would've been late for class. he apologized for getting carried away and i just smiled. i told him how my morning today was so different than the ones for the past few months.

"is it okay?" he asked me. "is it okay if your mornings aren't so quiet and lonely anymore?"

"of course it is. i like it this way." i said to him. his eyes seemed to light up and he smiled.

"great." there was a short silence. "well uh i guess you better get to class." he said.

"so do you." i said and giggled. he laughed too.

"i'll see you later then." he kissed me on the cheek quickly then left.

i liked it.

i walked into the classroom and quickly spotted taylor smirking at me. she saw nick kiss me. i know because she gave me the look.

when i sat down i saw you running down the hall calling nick's name. when he saw you he gave you a big smile and asked you what was up. you smiled too, but you didn't seem happy.

i wonder why.

you always leave me wondering.

i hate wondering and i hate you.

Aide

p.s.

i got in trouble for writing this to you during history.

ms. marks should've given me bonus points since i was writing about you and i.

now that nick's around-you and i, we're history.

-

author's note:

dedicated to caroline because she loves nick just as much as i do.

xoxo,

daisy