the eighteenth

sunday - 2:38 a.m.

when i got to nick's he was waiting outside for me. i stepped out of mom's car and onto the freshly cut grass. he stood from the porch steps and walked towards me.

"you nervous?" he asks holding my hands in his.

"a little. do you think he'll like me?" i was lying, i was really nervous.

"he'll love you." he says with a smile and kisses me. he holds my hand and we walk through the door. i'm surprised because everything is pitch black.

"surprise! happy birthday aide!" everyone cheers as the lights go on.

i'm in shock. i'm in awe. i'm so happy.

"oh my god! you guys?!" i scream. everyone is here.

taylor, gen and daph are here. jade castlebury and her friends came too. all of nick's team mates are here. even you, you're here. i go around and give everyone a hug. i continue hearing endless birthday greetings for the next half hour. nick took my hand and we danced for hours.

nick and i had gotten a bit tired of dancing, so we split up and went around to catch up with everyone. i decided to go catch up with you.

i couldn't find you anywhere inside so i looked for you outside by the pool. you were on the edge of it wading. i took a seat beside you and did the same.

"hey birthday girl." you said as i took a seat.

"hey. thanks." i said and smiled.

it was silent for a moment, other than the soft splashes of water against our feet.

"so, you and cassidy." i bring up.

"cassidy? holden? what are you talking about?" you look at me, puzzled.

"ohhh. we were at the pizza parlor because we got hungry after finishing the lab project." you follow up.

"oh really?" i say smirking.

"yeah. she's with miles, didn't you see them making out?" you say laughing.

i'm laughing too. i am relieved. it's silent again.

"so, how are you?" you say.

"i'm doing good, i guess."

"you?" i follow up.

"alright, i guess."

"so uh, is there anyone that you've gotten closer to lately? like a girl?" i ask hesitantly.

"there's one. but that doesn't really matter, she likes someone else." i just nod my head. the old me would've pushed you to tell me who it was but the new me and frankly the new you know that that isn't the best decision.

things get silent, again.

i whip out my phone to check the time and from the corner of my eye i see you take a peep too.

"cute wallpaper." you scoff. it's a picture of me and nick.

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"what?" you say acting innocent.

"i'm pretty sure you heard it. you said it."

you fell silent.

"you've been become shit company, you know that?" i snap.

"then maybe you should go hang with nick! since he's much better company!" you throw your hands in the air. you take a swig from your beer and look away.

i can't believe you're the one who's pissed.

"thanks for the birthday present." i push myself off the pavement, standing. i walk away with my fists clenched thinking, who the fuck have you become?

i hate you.

Aide

p.s.

it's funny because the party surprised me more than you did.

-

author's note:

double update bc no shit happened in the last chapter

++ quick warning this is ending soon ok bye

xoxo,

daisy