the ninth

monday - 4:21 p.m.

when i got out of the last class of the day i immediately made my way out of the building. mr. pierce had dismissed us twenty minutes late and i was meant to meet the girls right after class. when i finally navigated myself out of the wave of people i saw taylor by the stairs with daphne and gen. they were all on their phones, as usual.

when i walked up to them gen immediately asks me if my last period was with mr.pierce without looking up from her phone. gen knows everything.

"well? you owe us deets! lots of 'em." taylor was notorious for making and using short cuts. she smirked at me.

"well uh, he showed up at my locker inviting me to his party last thursday. at first i didn't really want to go but he called me later that night and convinced me to, so i did." i said. none of them looked up from their phones.

"after the party he drove me home. then i got inside and showered. when i got out of the shower i heard rocks being thrown at my window so i took a peep." they finally took their eyes off of their phones and were looking at me.

"it was him." i continued.

"oh my god!" gen exclaimed.

"he gestured for me to come down so i did. when i got out he gave me the mixtape we listened to in the car."

"wait, does he have good music taste?" daphne butt in. she was always particular about things like that.

"amazing." i told her.

"good. now go on." she gestured.

"then uh..." i started to trail off getting shy about the subject. they all looked at me with wide eyes telling me to go on. it was so amusing. haha.

"he kissed me." they all squealed.

"he kissed you?! that's the cutest thing!" daphne exclaimed pulling me in for a hug. "i'm so happy for you, aidey!"

"haha, thanks." i gave her a warm smile.

"so uh yeah i was on my way to the bus stop this morning when i saw his car waiting outside my house. he drove me to school."

"looks like he's waiting to take you home too." gen gestured towards the parking lot where i saw nick by his car waving.

i looked back at the girls to see all of them smirking at me.

"go on, go on. leave us!" taylor nudged me towards his direction.

"hey, that's not fair!" we all laughed. they all told me to go after that. so i did.

"don't forget us!" daphne called as i moved further away from them. i stuck my tongue out and pouted at her.

when i got closer to nick he reached into the front seat, pulled out a green tea frappé and handed it to me.

"last period was study hall. thought you might enjoy a little surprise." he said to me and smiled.

when i told him that he shouldn't have he told me that he wanted to. (did you read that properly? he wanted to do something nice for me.) that made me light up inside.

i was surprised when i took a sip. it was exactly what i got each time.

"how'd you know?"

"janet was there. she said that was your favorite." janet was the barista whenever i came. (she's my favorite.)

he drove me home after that. it was even better than the ride going to school. when we pulled up at my house poppy came running out of the front door. (you remember poppy, right?) we quickly got out of the car and poppy gave me a great big hug then she gave one to nick too. nick picked her up and carried her on his back.

"who's this cute fella?" he asks me.

"nick, this is poppy. my little sister." i say.

"hi poppy! i'm nick." he put her down and held out his hand for her to shake.

"nice to meet ya!" did i mention she finally learned how to pronounce her c's last month? i'm really proud of her.

my mom soon came out the door and waved at nick and i. nick looked so nervous. it was so cute. we smiled back at her and poppy ran back inside shutting the door.

"thanks so much for the ride." i smiled. "and the frappé, it was really nice of you."

"my pleasure." we stood silent for awhile until his phone lit up.

"i have to get going. mom wants me home for dinner." he says.

"oh uh yeah. i'll see you tomorrow at school then, i guess?" i say, hesitant.

"of course." he smiles and pulls me in for a hug. he then gets into his car and starts it. just before he drives away he rolls down the window.

"see ya, cutie!" he winks and smiles.

when he leaves i get inside.

my phone immediately lights up, it's him.

nick: actually, i won't see you at school. i'll see you first thing in the morning when i pick you up :)

me: ew!

me (after like two seconds): can't wait :)

nick: ew!

nick (after like two seconds): me neither :)

i didn't even realize that i had a huge smile plastered on my face until mom pointed it out.

"who was that?" she asks tickling me. when she finally stops i'm able to answer her.

"nick." i tell her.

"i like him." she messes up my hair and makes her way to the kitchen.

funny, she liked you too.

but i don't!

i hate you.

Aide

-

author's note:

r u enjoying??

idk about you but i'm for tEAM NICK!!

is anyone for team boy who's name we don't know..... yET??? bc i'm not!!

ok bye

xoxo,

daisy