the eleventh

tuesday - 2:34 p.m.

i was at my locker dropping off my books since study hall is my last period of the day on tuesdays. apparently, so is yours.

i could see someone walking towards me from the corner of my eye. i figured it was nick.

"aide." i heard a voice say softly.

i turned to see who it was.

"eli." i swallowed, my voice almost cracking.

that was the first time i'd said your name in months.

"ms. jefferson told me to ask you if you would tutor me." you said. i didn't look at you.

"i'm sort of uh, failing." you said, embarrassed. i didn't say anything.

"algebra isn't my best subject." yeah i remember, i think to myself.

"since we both have study hall as our last period on tuesdays and thursdays, i thought maybe we could do it then?"

"oh, yeah sure. could we start on thursday though? if that's alright." i finally answer you. surprised that i gave in.

"sure. thanks so much aide. see ya!" you cheered as you walked away.

i was left alone in the empty hallway, reprocessing what had just happened.

just so you know, when you told me you were failing the only thing i could think about was that i was failing too.

failing in my attempt of not missing you.

i hate you.

Aide

-

author's note:

wE CAN FINALLY HATE ON A NAME!!!

ELI U SUCK

ok hope u enjoyed byeee

xoxo,

daisy