9 Alex Walker

I walk out of math class with Alison as she begins telling me about some new shirt she bought at the mall. "Oh my god it's so cute.." but my ears shut out every noise when I spot Tristan in the corner of my eye. He shoves what looks like quite a lot of money in his pocket, shuts his locker than violently rushes his way past me.

Why does he always seem angry about something.

"But you seriously have to try it on before we go to that bonfire on Friday." Alison's voice bounces me back to reality.

"Yeah I'll definitely have to come over later and see it." I speak up. Swiftly looking behind me, but Tristan is already lost in the ocean of students.

"Hey. Are you okay today?" Alison pulls me to the side, looking back and forth between my eyes.

"Yeah, why're you asking." I look at her confused.

"I don't know.. you just seem. Different. Disoriented maybe. Did you get much sleep last night?"

How does she always know exactly how I'm feeling. "Oh, yeah no. Not really. I couldn't fall asleep. I'm fine tho. Just tired." I gave her a tight lipped smile then started walking backwards to my next class. "I should get going. I'll come over after school." I reassure her then start fast walking to my Physics class.

*** (The end of the school day)
I walk out to the parking lot where I usually would meet Alison. She texted me earlier saying she's "stuck in PE" for an extra fifteen minutes. Aka probably making out with some random guy in the locker room.

I look down at my phone reading the time "3:20pm". I sigh then feel someone sit next to me.

"Hey. I'm Alex I don't think I've properly introduced myself." A shaggy brown haired boy held out his hand for me with a soft crooked smile on his face.

"Hannah." I take his hand, shooting him a tight lipped smile. "You look familiar." I stare at his face, trying to recall how I know him.

"You're in my history class." He exhales a small laugh, "But I uh... I noticed you've been hanging around Tristan. I used to be good friends with him." He turns his head, looking out into the parking lot.

"Oh really? That's cool. Yeah I don't know him that well but I guess we've hung out once or twice." I say as I play with the ring on my finger.

"I'm just gonna make this short." He turns to me, his eyes looking cold and serious.

"I understand that you don't know me, and you might think I'm crazy for saying this." He looks around as if he's afraid of people listening. Who the hell is this guy. "Don't fuck with Tristan okay. I'm serious. He could hurt you, or get you killed. I don't care how much he makes you wanna be around him. Don't trust what he says, don't go anywhere with him. He can't be trusted, he could've killed me and I don't want the same for you." He spoke lowly in almost a whisper.

"Who are you. I don't even know you, how do you expect me to trust what you say." I look at him with furrowed brows. This guy's getting on my nerves.

"I'm Alex Walker. You know. The guy who got shot in the leg and almost died because of that fucking Andrews prick." He spat, clearly getting riled up just thinking about what he's saying.

It took me a second but I finally remembered.

Alex Walker. Kyle told me all about them and how Tristan almost got him killed. "You're Alex Walker?.. you threw me that note in class on my first day.... and you're the one who fought Tristan in the hallway." It was all coming back. He has a history with Tristan, he used to be his best friend.

He peered behind me and almost jumped in his seat, his face turning completely white as if he'd seen a ghost. My head quickly turned and I see Tristan stomping his way over here.