22 The Void

Three Days Later
6:00am

I open my eyes to the blinding bright white sky of clouds, through my window that I forgot to close the curtains of the night before. I breathe out a heavy breathe, covering myself with my blanket completely. 'Let me go back to sleep and never wake up again please'.

I hear a knock at the door and a chord churns in my heart. "It's time to wake up for school Han! Breakfast is almost ready!" Landon calls through the door. "I'm up!" I reply.

I lift my heavy feeling body out of the comfort of my cozy sheets, and make my way into the bathroom. I brush my teeth, shower. Wearing a plaid skirt, baggy white t-shirt and a hoodie on top. I don't feel like dressing up for school just to stick out like a sore thumb for the 'elites' to pick on.

I put on light makeup over the fading bruise on the side of my cheek. I stop for a second and look into my own eyes. Bloodshot and watery. This is all they ever seem to look like lately, not being able to be in the same room as Tristan.

My father called the cops on him for abusing me but they didn't have enough proof or witnesses that it was him, so they dropped the case. But that didn't keep my father from making sure that I wouldn't step a foot near him ever again. He goes everywhere with me and even put a lock on my window to prevent me from being able to escape.

I'm just sick and tired of him not believing a word I say anymore. He thinks I'm totally manipulated. But I just get to sit here and slowly crumble into infinite pieces, not being able to see the only person who I feel can give me any real comfort, when the memory of that day replays over and over in my head anytime I get a second of silence.

"Hannah! It's ready!" I hear Landon from downstairs. I quickly finish up my makeup and take a last look in the mirror, the bags under my eyes still a bit prominent, but I only would expect that.

I run downstairs and spot Landon flipping a fried egg. A plate of eggs on toast, sits in front of me on the counter, "That ones for you Han." He smiles,
"thanks Landon." I smile back, weakly.

"You know Han. I know guys like him, and if I could tell you any advice on how to feel better about this situation, is that you understand that he doesn't really love you, he only wanted you because of how you look. Guys like him don't just stay on one girl forever, I'm sure he's on another one right now, he's not worth crying over."

"Yeah, that makes me feel so much better" I scoff. Finishing my plate, I quickly load it in the dishwasher, and run back upstairs. I look in the mirror one last time, grab my backpack, go back downstairs, heading out of the door.

The sound of Landons "Bye!" cut out with the door shutting as I made my way outside.

My dad still trusts Alison to drive me to school, they talked about the whole situation, and Alison agreed to make sure I wouldn't see him, but she really believes my side of the story more. I told her everything, and I told her that she had to keep it between us, which she agreed to. But she believes that it's better I stay away from him because of his

I see the smile on Alisons face from my doorstep, she somehow always manages to keep happy, her shit is always together even in the worst of times. "Hey bitch!" She says as I open the passenger door.

"Hey slut!" I smile back at her, laughing a bit, "Ugh, give it a break! I'm just on a streak right now, men are hungry." She giggles to herself, and I laugh back in disbelief. "Just get me out of here already."

And at that we drive off. She had to make a stop at the gas station, and I wanted a slushy, so as she paid for her gas, I made my way to the slushy machines, getting a rainbow of each colour.

I take a sip, and turned to see a dark haired boy beside me, filling up his cup. 'Tristan' my heart beat stops, and I lose feeling in my limbs when I stare wide eyed at this boy. He turns back to me with an utterly confused look.

A wash of embarrassment washes over my face as I see that it isn't actually him, and a cold sensation covered my legs when I looked to my feet, finding my slushy cup poured and splashed all over me and the random boys legs.

I start feeling dizzy and quickly walk out of the gas station, leaving the scene behind me without a second thought. I jump back into Alisons passenger seat, without a slushy.

"You didn't get one?" She looks at me confused. "No, I can't talk about it, let's just go. I'll tell you later" I look out of the window, bringing me knees to my chest.

"Okay?" She brushes it off, knowing I have a lot going on mentally. It's natural for me to act without making much sense these past few days, she understands. And we drive off to school, slushyless..
•••••
School today goes by painfully slowly, yet like a blur at the same time. Most of the time it feels like all I can hear is teachers speaking, and every background noise is white noise. I can hear the words that people say when I walk by them, but i don't attach myself to their opinions. I'm not what they say I am.

I wish Tristan was here to swoop me magically out of this whole mess. Like he somehow never fails to do. He always knows how to get out of a situation he doesn't want to be in. Almost always at least.

"Hey Hannah!" I hear a deep voice yell from behind me. Dylan Parker. "Long time no see." He smiles, then starts walking side by side with me.

"Yeah, I know right?" I try to muster a smile back with minimal success. "What're you up to these days?" I ask. Looking up at his face, spotting a few faded hickeys on his neck. Not surprised.

"Ah, you know the usual. Hanging out with Alison quite a bit. I kinda heard about your situation..." He pauses and looks at the ground for a quick second, and then back up to me, reading my face to spot if it's too sensitive of a topic or not. "You know what I think you need to lift your spirits? His lips rise into a smile.

"What could that be?" I look at him a bit obscured. I don't think anything could really do that for me right now.

"A good party! You know Ashtons throwing another one this weekend. I think you should come! Alison will be there and there's lots of free drinks so no worries about finding a boot. I think it'll be good for you to get out again you know?" He smiles in hope.

"Thanks, but I don't know, I appreciate the invite. I'll definitely think about it... but I gotta head to class now so I'll catch you another time." I give him another weak smile, and a wave. He smiles and waves back, looking confident with his words.

I turn around and push out a laugh to myself. There's no way I'm going to another party.

Authors note
•••••••••••••••
Hi Guys!!! Thanks again for sticking with me with this story, I've lost a ton of readers due to me not posting as much lately, but I'm hoping you'll love these next few chapters coming up!! Thanks again for reading! And don't forget to vote!! 🤍🤍🤍