12 Ecstacy

I wake up to my annoying alarm.

I feel like shit. I open my eyes and flinch at the bright daylight, immediately covering my eyes after seeing it. How the hell am I making it to school.

I quickly sit up.

Bad mistake.

I quickly get up and run to the bathroom. Holding the sides of the toilet, the contents of my stomach spill out uncontrollably. Ew. I'm never. Drinking. Again.

Spitting Into the toilet, I hear a knock at the door. "Hannah?" I quickly flush the toilet then get up, opening the door.

"Hey dad." I try to pull myself together so it doesn't look like anything's wrong.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I'm just glad you're home today." He stares at me with furrowed brows.

"No, I'm sorry for acting out like that." I stare back at him with sorrowful eyes.

"What time did you come home last night?" Crossing his arms, he leans against the doorframe.

I don't even know how I got home, or when. Fuck. "Umm maybe sometime around one, I honestly don't remember. I should be getting ready for school." I push past him, trying to look innocent as I make my way into my room.

"We're not done talking about this Hannah." He warns me as I close my door.

I walk over to my phone on my bedside table, seeing a text from Alison.

From: Alison💞🥂
Be ready in 5!!! Tristan's riding with us today😏😏

I laugh, shaking my head.

To: Alison💞🥂
🙄🙄
See you soon❤️

I put my phone down then quickly run to my closet. I don't have time to put in effort today so I quickly throw on some plain black leggings and a pull over sweater, throwing my hair into a quick bun.

I put on some white socks and my classic black vans. Running downstairs. "See you later dad!" No time for breakfast. I'd probably puke it up anyway if I'm being honest.

"Love you!" He yells back from the office.

As I open the front door I already hear Alison.

"Get in the back!!" She yells at Tristan I'm assuming.

"Fuck you!" Yep, it's Tristan.

Alison spots me as I walk closer to the car. "Hannah! Please drag his ass outta this car. Right. Now!" I smile at how ridiculous they look. Tristan's almost hanging out of the window as she pushes him, he repeatedly keeps pushing down the lock after she unlocks it.

"It's fine. I'll just sit in the back." I laugh at them.

Tristan looks up at me, his childish smile immediately turning into a smirk. His eyes look me up and down as he opens the door. "I swear to god if you made her sit in the back I would've murdered you." She glares at him from the drivers seat.

The day I look like shit really just had to be the same day he looks at me like that.

He steps out of the car, shoots me a wink then opens the backseat door. Heat rising to my cheeks. No, you're not talking or thinking about him remember. He lashed out. He's an asshole.

I shake off my thoughts, quickly getting in the front seat.

***

At lunch, Alison and I sit alone at one of the picnic tables outside. She looks at her phone with furrowed brows before letting out an annoyed sigh.