25 Promise

2:34AM

I sit in the passenger side of Tristans Jeep before we come to a rolling stop at a warehouse in the middle of the woods. I don't even know where we are right now. I've never been this far outside of town.

He parks the car and his attention reverts to me. "Stay here until I say so, okay? If this all goes well, I should be back within the next ten minutes with Foster. You shouldn't have any reason to leave this vehicle. No matter what you hear. Don't run out for me." He looks into my eyes sincerely and I nod, answering.

"I love you Tristan." I say as his eyes are still attached to mine, he leans his body closer to mine, slowly bringing his face closer, he presses his lips to mine, and we stay like that for a few seconds, my heart hitches and I feel my eyes watering. I hate feeling like I'm gonna lose him so often. I don't want anything to take him away from me, but I can't help but feel like there's a constant edge that he's always on.

He promises so much, but we both know deep down that anything could happen to either of us to break those promises. But I'd still do anything to stay with him, there's nothing I yearn for more. It's starting to feel like my happiness depends on it.

"I love you Hannah." he looks at me a little longer, as if he's taking a mental image of me. "And.. I don't know what you're gonna think of this but I want you to hold onto it until we're in a safe place." His brows furrow and he reaches to the glove box, that reveal a black handgun when he opens it. His fingers grip around it and he briefly yet impressively shows me how to use it.

"I can't use that Tristan." My eyes look from the gun to his eyes with unsureness.

He grabs my hand and puts the gun in it for me. "I can't take any chances." His eyes switch onto mine, drenched with intensity. I could tell he was scared of something inside, as if I could feel the racing beat of his heart in his chest from here. It was wearing off on me.

"I'll be back soon." Is the last thing he said before exiting the car. And I watch him walk off towards the darkly lit warehouse surrounded by forest edges.

My stomach turns.

...Tristan's P.O.V...

I walk closer to the entrance and flinch, covering my ears at a loud bang of a gun shot so close in proximity. My heart rate increases as I spot Foster shuffling to carry an injured girl over his shoulder towards the exit. I quickly run over to them and safely guide the both of them to my Jeep.
"Foster what the fuck is going on?!" I spit at him as I feel my rage boil over.

"Sanchez sent his gang of ballerinas over to raid our stash.. they got your dad." He gives me a look, and I don't know what to say. What does that even mean for me now.

I shake off the thought, and try to stay clear with focusing on getting Foster and this girl back to the car safely. I take in a sharp breath, my eyes widen, and my hearing even nearly goes out, as my eyes catch this view of Hannah standing outside of the car, with the gun pointed out in front of her, surrounded by four dead men. Drops of blood all splattered across her shocked pale expression. 'How can I keep putting her through these situations'..

I feel my stomach turn as I make my way back to her as fast as possible, her eyes bloodshot and cheeks stained with tears, I quickly wrap my arms around her body, hiding her face in my chest to stop her from staring at the scene left in front of her. "Don't look Hannah."

I keep my sentences short, in shock of what all just unravelled, Foster and the girl have already made it into the backseat of the car. I quickly lift Hannah off of the ground and scoop her into the passenger seat. 'We need to get out of here as fast as possible'.