C H A P T E R: 11

"hyung"

Your heart freezes for a moment when you hear the voice. For a minute you thought it was him but when he approaches a few steps closer away from the night's darkness, you see jimin instead.

Jin clears his throat and pushes himself away from you.
Jimin stares at the both of you timely, not understanding what to speak next because of the awkwardness..

"I was just- uh I was helping her out, something got into her eye.. so-" Jin stutters

You see jimin pressing his tongue against his cheeks as he keeps staring jin's face. You could clearly tell the annoyance spread across his face as Jin gives him that stupid excuse which of course wasn't anywhere near helpful.

"Y/n.. I came here to inform you that we'll be leaving soon and well areum started crying so-"

"Yeah she must be hungry!" You chatter quickly as skipping away from here was all that was in your head.

~~
"Hyung stop fooling me!"

"Pfft just because we were close to each other doesn't really mean we were doing something.." Jin protests, his arms folding across his chest

"You still love her don't you?" Jimin questions giving a suspicious glance at jin.

"Tch jimin I am with jisoo now for fucks sake!" Jin proclaims getting agitated now, "look jimin, it'll be better if you keep that little brain of yours to yourself, hmm?" "Don't get too worked up before your marriage" He fake smiles as he pushes past jimin..

~~
You quietly hum as you try to lull areum to sleep. You could already see her eyes getting heavy but the sweet little bean was trying to keep herself from sleeping as she plays with your tangles..
"Aww baby.. sleep" you whisper as you slowly sit on the edge of the bed, which happens to be your husband's side of the bed. Well you never really cared much regarding such issues as much as jungkook did.. it seemed more like he had pledged to not even sleep directing his face in your direction. The only time he'd face would be to play with areum as she sleeps in between you two.

For a minute you had thought the little angel was asleep and so you begin placing her carefully on the bed but as you even bend to lay her down, she begins whining again making you get fully cautious and as a result you resume rocking her but to no avail as her whines got only more loud.

You hesitantly begin searching up for her toys that you usually keep almost everywhere in your bedroom and that's when you unconsciously stumble upon a hard frame which immediately catches your attention to it.
Your heart almost squeezes the minute your eyes land at the picture.. it was of seohyun-

Your shaky hands bring the frame near areum and your lips curve into a smile while your eyes were saying otherwise,
"It's eomma babygirl.." you murmur and it was almost naturally that areum's wails come to a halt as she gloats over at the frame-
Her tiny palms hit the frame and she mesmerizes the beauty of her mother which only remains as a photo now..

You couldn't help but let out more tears as your heart pinches looking at the adorable sight.
You didn't clearly know whether you were crying because you were feeling bad for areum or if you were feeling bad for yourself to not being adequate enough to be labeled as a mother..

"Uowah.."
The protruding silence breaks as you hear areum slowly murmuring looking at the frame..
"Eomma.." you try to teach her but before you could slip another word you hear a voice calling out from behind you,

"Put it down."

You jump in utter surprise as you see jungkook standing there with his hand firmly folded to his chest, an eyebrow raised up and his tongue pressing against his left cheek which was clearly indicative of how annoyed he was at the moment.

"Hmm..? Yeah- sure" you quickly say as you put the frame back into its original position..

Areum was about to protest but you begin bouncing her and take her outside of the balcony which was attached to your room..

~~
Lightly tapping areum's tummy as she was finally asleep now, you start thinking of ways to stabilize your relationship with jungkook. It just couldn't work this way if he remains so shrewd. You both need to try breaking up the barriers and get to know each other well!

You the mere sight of jungkook coming out from the washroom with his sweatpants on makes you divert your attention on him.

"Is she asleep?" He asks you as he plops on the bed earning a sharp nod from you in return..

"Jungkook.. I uh.. I just wanted to-" you sigh as you find it difficult to say anything to him clearly, "let's at least pretend to be husband and wife jungkook.. I mean for areum's sake.."

Jungkook scoffs, "husband and wife? Really? How easy it is for you to let it all rest like nothing happened, y/n"

You frown at his sentence, "what do you mean?"

"What do I mean? Well stop pretending like nothing's going on between hyung and you. That mark on the night of our wedding is enough for my justifications." (Ref. Ch- 8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

.|Vote|Comment|.

~author kookieskitty xx 🐾😘😘🌹