Chapter 12; A part of something bigger.

Major. Campbell had finally informed us what he wanted us to do; An assassination. And while Tommy was adamant that he would handle it himself, I wasn't going to allow it. We would both play a part in it, however we decided to do it. We hadn't yet spoken of a plan, but we were currently waiting on a reply in the form of a letter from Winston Churchill in regards to granting Tommy an export license in exchange for going along with Campbell's plan.

Tommy had managed to find out what happened to Polly's estranged children. The girl, unfortunately died of spring fever, but the boy, Michael was currently living with his adoptive step mother. And while Polly was upset that Tommy refused to give her Michael's address, I completely agreed that it was up to the boy whether he wanted to contact Polly or not.

"Do I look okay?" I turned to Jess, smiling brightly at the adorable blue dress and matching necklace she wore.

"You look absolutely stunning, darling." I told her, her eyes turning bright as she ran over to me and I picked her up into my arms.

"You look beautiful, too." She replied, pulling back from the hug and looking at me.

"Thank you, Jess. Are you ready to go?" I wondered, placing her back onto her feet as she nodded. "Alright, let's get a move on." I took her hand in mine, exiting our house and walking the short distance to The Garrison for the grand re-opening.

As soon as I pulled the doors open, the noise from inside poured out onto the quiet street. The voices of people talking loudly and glasses being slammed onto table filled my ears as I pulled Jess closer to me.

"Tommy!" Jess ran off before I even saw Tommy walking through the crowd of people towards us. I watched as Tommy smiled and scooped Jess into his arms, picking her up and hugging her into his chest. I couldn't help my enormous smile at the pair as I walked over to them.

"How are you, sweetheart?" Tommy asked her, placing a small kiss on the top her head before she pulled back to look at him.

"I'm amazing! This looks so good!" She exclaimed, looking around the pub in admiration. I had to admit, they refurbished it beautifully.

"Well, I think you're the real show stopper here, Jess." He complimented her, placing her back down on her feet as Jess gave us a twirl, causing us both to chuckle.

"Alright, you go and sit with Finn. I'll come get you soon." I said, pointing over to Finn who sat at a table with John and Esme. She nodded quickly before running over and tackling Finn in a hug as I gave a small wave to the Shelby's at the table.

"And how are you? You look beautiful." I felt Tommy take my waist as he turned me to face him, leaving a small, quick kiss on my lips.

"I'm good, Mr. Shelby." I said alluringly as I placed the palms of my hands on his shirt and smiled at him. "And you?"

"Better now." He whispered, beginning to lean in to me for another kiss.

"Oi! They'll be none of that in my pub!" I glanced back at the bar, seeing Arthur looking at us with a huge smile as I laughed in response.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to talk to my brother." Tommy said, letting his hands drop from my waist. "I'll catch up to you soon, alright?" He gripped my chin softly between his thumb and forefinger as I nodded and leaned forward, kissing him.