"My heart aches for you"

LEVY POV

  I looked at Gajeel with tears lightly smearing across his cheeks, as his eyes demanded mine and his breath heavy, I felt his wanting to touch me, which I wouldn't have minded. 
  It's true, he never did say he was sorry, he avoided me for weeks and weeks till he saved me from a bolt from Laxus that would have marked a scar across my whole body, but Gajeel saved me, so gracefully, it did him damage, but it was his apology to me,  but in the moment with his arm extended in front of me, I felt so connected to him,
  But the memory of feeling my life drain from myself as Gajeel and his team beat me and my friends till we were bloody pulps on the ground, coughs and begging for it to stop, I remember Gajeels roar of laugher when he repeativly told me to shut up, when I did he finally smashed my stomach with his metal club, knocking me out, but I felt the rush of the wind as I hung from the tree, the spray paint coldly on my tummy, my friends moaning next to me, my arms completely giving up,  that's the last I remember was that cold feeling when I woke up two weeks later with the people who loved me around me, but when I was in my comma from severe internal bleeding and all my ribs broken, my head busted, my left arm broken and knee caps dislocated I already felt a presence, and now I understand it was Gajeel. Wanting me to wake me up.
  "Why?" I slowly asked,  his sniffles brought me back to reality.
  "What made you feel remorseful of me." Gajeel was silent finally breaking the silence.
  "I..when joined the guild, everyone resented me, not just for destroyed the guild but for almost killing one of their friends, you, as the weeks went on, I still watched you, I saw how tense and scared you got when I sat even 10 feet from you, but you still smiled at me, a weak smile, but genuine, I began to listen to the amazing things people said about you, how you were on the brink of discovering new bacteria to cure and heal the sick, I just, I never felt like such a dead beat person, for almost killing off such an amazing girl, a girl who didn't fucking deserve what I put you through." He said all this in a low voice.
  "And now your my partner, my protector." I said leaning in to look into his dark eyes that were looking into my brown eyes. "I don't want anyone's else." I smiled at him, his body tensed up when I wiped away his cold tears, leaned into and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him, I knew he didn't like hugs, but he needed one. He needed to know that what he did doesn't faze me anymore.
  "I have forgiven you Gajeel." I said while to put my face in his broad shoulder. I felt Gajeels arms tighten around my waist and hugged me back with such intensity, my heart raced so hard, his touch was electric, warm. And then it hit me, while all this time with these feelings, my adoration for Gajeel, the wanting to be around him. I liked him, more than a partner, or a protector, or a friend. I truly liked him, he was my perfect.