kiss

Gajeel POV

Levy walked beside me as we headed to her apartment complex, totally aware we were taking the long way, which was unusual for Levy always wanted to get home quick to get to her books, and she usually skipped strayed a little walking around curbs balancing herself, but she was right beside me, looked as happy as she would at any other time walking home.
"I hope the job wasn't too hard." She teased, obviously aware of how boring it was gonna be. I laughed out of mixed frustration.
"I'm gonna pick the most weirdest job for you when I get the chance, the whole job I sat around watching this sick fuck for hours, so glad his sorry ass got picked out of their guild. He did some pretty terrible things." I ranted on, suddenly aware that Levys body kept brushing against me, causing my heart to stamper up a little.
"So ah, what did you do?" I asked trying to distract myself. Levy beamed up at me.
"I had an intense reading marathon in the comfort of my home for about...all the days you were gone. I know what your next question is and yes, I needed to be completely undistracted, and you my sir is talkative." I blushed a little.
"Tch, I ain't no talker." Levy laughed.
"Woooow, you must not be aware how you mumble to everything around you, or you just tell me what you think at that moment."
"Shrimp, I never talk to myself." I said straight forward.
"Your actually so wro-" she didnt get to finish her sentence when she tripped over a crack in the pavement lurching her forward. I immediately grabbed her hand and her shoulder to restrain her from falling forward.
"Clutz" I smiled at her, she hesitantly laughed, she regained her balance and looked down at my hand that was in hers, when I was attemped to remove my hard she resisted.
"In case I fall or something." She said quickly, resuming the walk I was completely speechless holding Levys hand, I've held it before, in comfort but not just to 'hold her hand' she looked content but a little skiddish. Her fingers were so little and beautiful compared to mine which were huge, hard, callused.
"I'm just glad your back." She quickly back. I raised an eyebrow.
"Shrimp you do know there was like no possible way I could have gotten hurt on that mission right?"
"Yeah, but still." I stopped for a second. I was going to ask her why the hell she was acting like I almost died, but I didnt want to ruin her good-ish mood. I just wanted her to enjoy my company for once. So I held her hand quickly till we stood at the apartment door step.
As levy stepped in she gestured me inside, so I obeyed and walked in.
"You gonna cook anything shrimp?"I asked laying down on the couch, sitting around and doing nothing made me almost as tired as actually fighting. I kicked my shoes off already ready for her answer to be yes.
"Yep! If you want you can help, but you have to put that hair away." I groaned, Levy didnt like when my cooked with my hair laying down. I took my ponytail out and turned the hairstyle into a giant ball of a bun. I walked into the kitchen.
Levy caught a glance at me and stared at my hair for a moment. I wanted for her to say something but I got a little irritated.
"I'll just go cut it all off, be right back. "I turned around to head to her bathroom, obviously joking. But Levy aquealed.
"Gajeel your ridiculous! Just get in here." She said, I laughed and washed off my hands.
Together we made spaghetti, she made her sauce will I grated cheese and cooked the noodles, and helped handing her cans of veggies. We danced around the kitchen figuratively and the whole time we laughed and joked.
"Hey levy, if your hair fell into the meal we would all know it was you. You would be blue handed." I said. She laughed and looked at me.
"If someone saw you hair from behind that would think you were a skunk." I smiled.
"What about the strip." I asked, she thought and then frowned.
"Fine you win."
"That's what I thought."

We sat in the living room with plates in out laps slurping the noodles. Her sauce was the absolute best, it was sweet and salty and savoury. I watched her as she gobbled up her food, little bits of sauce were in the creases of her lips, I wanted to tell her and get it off myself, to have a reason to touch her again, but every time she would wipe it quickly off.
"You finished big guy?" Levy asked.
"Yeah."I handed her my plate and she went into the kitchen to wash the plates off. As she did that I realized I still had my pony tail in, I reached behind and managed to get it out half way when I got stuck, trying with it a couple of more times I groaned.
"Levy, my head band is stuck." When I said that levy ran in and jumped on the couch. Tilting my head so she could see.
"Oh boy." She said, not a good sign. I felt the pressure of her tugs as she tried to get it out. I didnt hurt till she yanked at my hair.
"Oi! Levy!" I grabbed at my head. She winced.
"I'm sorrry gajeel." She proceeded to yank at the head back, I felt it move a little bit then she pulled it again hard.
"Oooowwww! Okay okay stop." I pleased.
"Your a big baby." She snapped back. Sighing I waited for her to resume the torture.
"Hold on, I'll be right back."she got up and ran to her room. A moment later she came out with scissors, when I saw them I stood up and and backed away.
"Your crazy if you think your gonna cut my hair off." Levy laughed and smiled.
"No, I'm gonna cut out the band dork. Sit back down. On the ground so I can actually see." I hesitate before sitting on the ground against the couch. I felt levys knees barely hit my back as she knitted the scissors into the knot. She hummed softly and she did that, it was soothing.
"Mmmmm, GOT IT." I heard the snip and I held my breath when I saw the band in levys hand. She giggled and sat in front of me.
"That wasn't so bad right?"
"Whatever." I mumbled.
"Now let's fix this hair sure I didnt get your hair." She got on her knees and brought my hair up to my hand, her fingers checking for any loose strands, as she brushed her fingers through my hair she got semi closer, I felt her breath as she now slowly brushed her fingers in my hair, she stared at my hair
"So soft." She caught my eye. Her big brown eyes intensely looking into mine, her breath went rigid, I reached for her hair and brushed a lock behind her ear, her cheeks turned pink. Suddenly, in this moment of silence, felt so loud, like the walls were moving, or the ground was shaking. Like I wanted to crash my lips to hers, in this moment I wanted her to know. I let my hand go down to her shoulder then behind her neck.
"Your really close." She whispered, I felt like I could hear her heart beat 100 times a second. For a moment I felt scared, if what I was about to do a good idea, but it went away when I remembered that Levy is the most beautiful and smart women I had ever met. I kept my eyes to hers, barely breathing.
"I'm aware." I said.
I hand my hand fully behind her neck, I leaned my head in and there it was, my lips were pressed to hers, the lips I had wondered were soft for months, if they tasted like lip balm. And they did, they were exactly what I imagined.
I leaned back out and was aware that levy was fully red, I blushed hard as I looked away, out of all the most frightening moments I've had to face this was at the top. Was I about to lose her, will she say anything? Say something! Do something! Slap me! Kiss me! I thought to myself, I met her eye once more.
"I clearly need to go home and get some sleep, see ya later." I quickly said getting up.
"Dont go." She mumbled looking at the ground. I stared at her.
"I...I just..just dont go." She stood up and hugged me. Not what I was expecting but I was pleasantly suprised, her heart thumped fast against my chest.
"Alright shrimp." It was already pretty dark so walking home wasn't the best option. I stood there hugging her for what seemed like forever when she let go and smiled, her eyes slightly.
"I'll go get you a pillow and blanket." She disappeared down the hallway. I sighed, I kissed levy, and now I'm selecting on her couch, her bed was too small anyways for the both of us, that why she liked sleeping in mine, it was designed for big guys like me.
She came back and made my pallet. I was silent the whole time when she finally said goodnight and left off to her bedroom, making me feel like shit.
"You dumb fuck." I said to myself as I took socks off and my belt and tucked myself in, watch the streets below put the window.

I woke up, but not to the sunlight or a loud noise, but to the feeling of a finger poking me. I opened my eyes to see levy standing over me, her hair wild. She gestured me to sit up, which I did, and she sat on the couch with me, the blanket still draped across my lap.
"Gajeel." She said, I was fully awake after I heard her sweet voice, she was too, she wasn't sleep walking or whatever.
"What are ya doin up kid."
"I can't stop thinking about why you kissed me." I blushed hard, great.
"I...well isn't it obvious? I, I got a lot of feelings toward you Levy. It's been like that for a long time, if you want we can forget I even did that, I can stop feeling this way, I don't wanna lose you." I said, it was a lot to say, but i had plenty more to say. She grinned a little.
"Gajeel will you look at me?" She asked, I found her eyes in the darkness, but I dint see her hands come up to my face, I jumped slightly when I felt them pull me to levy. I then felt her lips, this time with energy, hot energy went though my body, as I tried to process this, I pulled her closer to me, kissing her back. My eyes closed tightly as I felt her lips shift with mine, letting me in her mouth, letting me curl my hands in her hair.
A moment later we released each other, out of breath and both in shock of what just happened. Levys hand was still on my neck that was now stroking my cheek.
"your such a dork." She giggled.
"Your the dork." I said smiling, the humor let off all the tensefulness. Levys hands now pressed against my chest asking to lay me down, before I asked what she was doing she pulled the blanket over her and laid her small body against mine. I let out a sly chuckle before I wrapped my arm around her and fell asleep.