Chapter Three

A/N: Before we start I just want to say thank you to everyone for supporting my stories. I know this story might be hard to read at times because of the angst, heartache and slow burn, but they won't be sleeping together and all their problems disappear. They will work on rebuilding their relationship. So thanks again, I truly appreciate every single comment and vote, they all mean so much to me and keep me writing!

"Mom."

My eyes instantly pop wide open and despite the simple fact that I know it's my son, my body scampers backward and my heart thumps widely in my chest.

"Noah," I groan through my sleep induced voice and peek over at the clock on my night stand, glowing six in the morning. "Kiddo, it's too early," I protest and fling the comforter open so my son can crawl into bed with me.

My youngest scrambles into the warmth and presses his back against my front so I can hold him close and wash away whatever fears that are haunting him right now. My fingers lazily tread through his thick hair while my lips stretch forward to kiss the back of his head gently.

"Mom."

"Hmmm," I reply even though my eyelids are growing heavy and slowly drifting closed. My mind begging to take me away into a far away land.

"How come nobody wanted to go to mom's last night?" He innocently questions provoking my arms to tighten around his scrawny frame and pull him in ever closer.

"No kiddo, it's not that. Sutton was just hurt and upset and she just wanted to be in her own bed. Then of course Harper had to copy her, because we know Harper," I lightly tease to help soothe his sorrows. "I'm pretty sure Henry was just wanting to be near his sisters and make sure they were okay, that's all. No big deal. I'm taking all four of you over there once it's actually time to wake up," I deadpan and place another reassuring kiss to his head.

"Okay."

"Noah, you know you can stay with your mom whenever you want to. Just tell us. You don't always have to follow in your sibling's footsteps. I suggest you don't anyways, because they are cranky, like all the time." My son breathes out a small laugh through his nose and squirms in closer to the warm sensation seeping from the comforter. "I love you bud, no matter what, okay?"

"I know. I love you too mom."

"Okay good, now let's sleep a few more hours before it's time to get up," I suggest and snuggle into my youngest, absorbing every second of this moment because I know in my heart I don't have too many of these cuddles left with him.

~~~~~~~

"Let's get a move on kids," I scream up the elaborate staircase encouraging my children to finish up whatever they may need to pack for Regina's.

Although she is renting a spacious townhome with enough bedrooms for each one of our children, the kids have never fully committed into moving their possessions over there. They usually spend Friday night to Monday morning with Regina, every weekend packing a bag for their stay. I'm not sure if they are just hoping that this divorce is temporary or maybe they are too terrified to move some of their things because then that would be admitting defeat and having to face the harsh reality.

Noah's heavy trampling down the stairs are the first set of feet I acknowledge, followed by Henry's. I peer up the long, winding staircase and watch my boys shove each other playfully while engulfed in some sort of game of chase.

"Cool it boys, we don't need another trip to the emergency room," I groan while slipping on my sneakers.

"Hey ma, can I talk to you for a minute?" My oldest nervously questions as he shrugs his backpack even higher upon his shoulder.