Chapter Four

"Momma," his timid little voice stills my hand encouraging my eyes to trail across the floor until I find my son lingering in the doorway.

"Well hello my little prince," I cheerfully greet my four year old and wave him over.

Henry rushes toward the vanity, full of contagious energy causing my hands to pop out so I can pull him into my lap. I lift my adorable son into the air and sit him on top of the vanity next to my makeup.

"Posso aiutare?" He innocently questions if he can help, producing a broad smile to break across my lips. I lean forward and place a gentle kiss to his forehead before brushing his hair to one side.

"Sempre il mio principe,"I happily concede, with my most commonly used phrase with my son. 'Always my prince.'

I gently take my son's hand and place a brush into his tiny little fingers. I guide his hand to allow the brush to sweep against the chestnut eyeshadow. I then proceed to drag the small utensil against my eyelid, creating a small giggle from my son's lips.

"Bella," he softly whispers, filling my heart with a warm liquid of unconditional love.

"Grazie," I thank him and kiss the tip of his nose. "I love you so much Henry."

"I love you too momma. You going out with mommy tonight?" His round face tilts to the side and he's far more adorable than any puppy out there.

"Yes, Nana and Papa are going to watch you tonight. Can you help them? I think Sutton and Harper might be a handful for them." I wink dramatically for my son and watch as he nods enthusiastically.

"I take care of my sisters! I'm a big boy now."

"As big as you think you may be, you'll always be my baby boy." I scoop my son into my arms and cradle him as if he was still the infant I met here in Sicily four years ago. I attack his face with loving kisses producing the cutest squeals of baby giggles. "See, always my baby."

Henry places his little hands upon my cheeks and smiles from ear to ear. "I love you momma! I'm always your baby!"

~~~~~~~~~

"Momma?"

I blink and lift my heavy head from my palm to meet the sweetest hazel eyes staring back at me curiously.

"Good morning baby girl," I greet my daughter and follow as she sweeps into the kitchen and claims the seat beside me. "Did you sleep well?" My fingers lift to their own accord and brush her long golden locks, that remind me so much of her mother's, away from her shoulder.

"Not really," she sighs as she turns into my touch.

"What's wrong Harper?" I softly question and lower my head to meet her eyes once again.

"I just want you to know that just because Henry doesn't want to visit on weekends anymore, doesn't mean we all feel the same. I know Noah would never stop coming and you know Sutton and I wouldn't even consider it."

I can't stop the frown forming upon my mouth as I listen to the sincerity in her loving voice. "I really hope so baby girl. I love all of you so much and I don't want you to feel like you're caught in the middle."

"We know that, even though sometimes it may feel that way, we know you and mom are trying your hardest to protect us." My frown instantly morphs into an adoring smile while my fingers play with the ends of her long hair, just as I have always done with her.

"I really appreciate the vote of confidence," I murmur as I connect our foreheads together. I inhale sharply, absorbing the sweet scent of lavender knowing she still uses my shampoo. "I miss you so much Harper Hope."