Animal

When I pulled up in Paul's driveway he pulled his bike up beside me the tires screeching in the dirt at his sudden stop "jesus beck, I had it handled." he said frowning at me.
"I know, I don't know I held back though." I tried to justify what I had done but I couldn't, even if I did hold back.
He shook his head but I could tell he was holding back a smile "Paul it's not funny." I said biting back my own.
He smirked "it was a little funny. I mean here I was thinking I was the animal." he said.
I shook the smile from my face "we shouldn't laugh." I said.
He bit his bottom lip failing to hide his smile "no, we shouldn't." he said. He snorted trying to hold in his laugh & I smiled punching him in the shoulder.
"shut up." I said turning to go inside.
"you know there's plenty of other ways to release anger, beneficial to us both." he called.
"I will kick your ass, Lahote." I called back he laughed.
"I don't doubt it." he said as he ran to catch up to me.

Paul & I were sitting on the couch listening to music & talking when I received a phone call "hello?" I answered.
"Becka!" it was Jacob.
"hey, Jake what's up?" I asked with a smile.
"what are you doing tonight? Dad wanted to know if you want to come over for dinner? You could probably stay, give me a lift to school in the morning?" he asked happily.
"yeah sweet. I'll come around now." I said my smile growing.
"did you beat the crap out of some chick?" he asked with a chuckle.
I groaned "I admit to nothing, who told you?" I asked.
"Kim told Quil, she wasn't mad. She said she was hitting on Paul." he explained.
"hitting on him & then ran her mouth at me." I said bitterly with a roll of my eyes.
"good to know our Becka is back." he said the humour clear in his voice.
"yeah, yeah-" I said sarcastically "I'll see you soon." I flipped my phone shut & stood.
"heading to Jacob's?" Paul asked.
"yeah, I need to put more effort in. You know? We're really close & I haven't been hanging out with him as much because-" I stopped & frowned there were so many reasons where should I start?
"because of me." Paul said with a slow nod.
I gave him a tight smile "no, well that's one of the reasons but there's been a lot happening & he's not part of this world." I said, I felt sad suddenly I was keeping so many secrets from Jacob but they weren't my secrets to tell.
Paul nodded "I know, I don't want to stop you from hanging out with your friends Beck. That's the last thing I want to do, they've made you who you are & I don't want to change that." he said.
I smiled at him "you're the best you know that right?"
He chuckled "you don't have to tell me twice." he said with a wink.
I stood from the couch & kissed his forehead "love you." I whispered.
"& you." he called as I began to walk out the door.

I decided to stop in at home & grab some clothes for school tomorrow I had my last round of English tests & then I was finished. They'd be graded & I'll graduate next week, I was beyond happy to be done with school but I was also a little sad. I was closing a pretty major chapter in my life & stepping into adulthood it was a little scary if I was honest.
I pulled into the driveway to see Charlie's police cruiser parked next to Bella's truck.
I pulled my jacket closer to my body as I hoped out of the truck, it was freezing.
I walked up the steps & was greeted by Chalire waiting for me at the door "Billy called are you going to Jake's?" he asked, I nodded.
"sure am, why am I not aloud to?" I asked, I probably should have asked Charlie before I agreed but it's never been a problem before. The only reason he put a curfew on me was because I was staying at Paul's house to often & he didn't want me there with my boyfriend.
He shrugged "fine by me but can you try to get Bella out of her room? Maybe she can go with you." he said.
I pursed my lips & nodded "I'll try, Jacob would love that anyway."
I had my doubts that she would come especially after I found her in the toilets today. "oh & Becka?" Charlie called as I walked past him, I stopped on the first step & turned to face him.
"I thought you had put fighting behind you?" he asked with a frown, he crossed his arms over his chest as he starred me down.
I pouted my lips as I looked at the ceiling & shook my head "m'no pretty sure I'm not." I said letting a grin glide across my lips.
Charlie shook his head "damn it, Becka." he said rubbing his temples.
I chuckled "oh come on dad, she had it coming." I said turning to make my way up the rest of the steps.
"at least hold back on them, I don't want a repeat of the Newton boy!" he called.
"no promises!" I sang from the top of the steps.
As I approached Bella's room I was very aware of the deafening silence coming from it, I opened the door to see her sitting in a chair starring out the window that faced the backyard.
"Bells?" I called as I walked in, no response she just kept starring "I'm going to the Black's tonight for dinner, did you want to come?" I asked, she shook her head slowly but didn't turn to face me, I frowned as I turned to leave the room. Clearly this was her grieving process.
---------------------------------------------------------
(YOU GUYS! I'M JUST SO KEEN TO GET TO THE FUN STUFF AHHHH, ANYWAY SORRY ABOUT THE SEMI FILLER CHAPTER BUT YOU'VE GOT TO GET THROUGH THE BORING TO GET TO THE FUN, AS ALWAYS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT LOVE HEARING FROM YOU ALL.)