Recovery

I went over to Sam's house the next morning, I couldn't stop thinking of Kim.
I just needed to see that she was okay, I walked up the porch steps & stopped. Was I welcome here? I ruined the entire beach party with my jealousy.
As if Sam could here my thoughts he opened the door.
"Becka, come in." he said stepping aside but I didn't move.
"I-I'm sorry." I said, looking at the ground, Sam stepped out the door & took a seat on the front steps, I followed him & sat beside him leaning my back against the wooden pillar.
"it's okay Becka, this wasn't your fault. We knew about the red head we should have warned her against it." he said.
"it is though because if it wasn't Kim it would have been Elise." I leaned my head against the pillar to stare at the ceiling "I have this rage inside me, I don't know how to control it. When I'm happy I'm really happy but when I'm mad things gets dangerous." I said with a shake of my head.
"& it's the same for the pack, I lost control & I almost killed Emily. We all have to learn to control our anger, Becka. I'm here if you ever need anything, I'll help you through this we all will." he said, I sniffed & wiped a stray tear from my cheek.
"you would do that? For me, you don't owe me anything." I said finally having the strength to look at him.
His eyes were set firm as they locked onto my own "you are our family, Becka. Any of us would do anything for you just as you would do for us." he said with a shrug.
He was right, I would do anything for them. I'm just glad the feeling was mutual.
"why did you save her?" he asked, I frowned.
"she's Jared's imprint, how could I not? She was to kind to die like that, bleeding on the forest floor because some leech was hungry. I couldn't let her die there. It wasn't an option." I explained.
He nodded slowly "you see? You're not a bad person Becka, if it wasn't for you she would have died. We all know that & Jared is thankful for your stubbornness for once." he said with a smirk, I chuckled.
"oh hey, I had a dream last night just a heads up I think she's using the treaty line as a grey area. Which means she knows about the Cullens but clearly doesn't know that they're gone." I said, Sam nodded.
"thanks, that's actually really useful." he said standing, he offered me his hand & I took it letting him help me up. "I'm going to help you Becka. I promise you that." he said with a short nod.
I smiled & gave him a quick hug, which he returned before opening the door for me.
Jared was laid out on the couch, he shot up the moment I walked inside "I'll help you too, you're not alone. I mean come on we helped Paul-" he chuckled "well a little." he said with a shrug.
I laughed but nodded "hey is she?" I didn't know what to ask.
"Kim's fine, I had to tell her about us & the vampires because the memories of the leech came back but she's just processing all of it. She's upstairs with Em." he said motioning to the stairs.
"can I?" I asked hitching my thumb towards the stairs.
Jared nodded "oh yeah, for sure maybe you can help her make sense of it all. You were the easiest to adapt to the situation." he said with a shrug.
"yeah well, clearly we were made for this world she just has to realise that." I said turning & jogging up the stairs.
I came to an open door at the end of the hall, I heard whispers & poked my head in.
Emily was sat at the end of the bed holding Kim's hand trying to explain everything.
Kim looked up & her eyes widened as she saw me, she shot up out of the bed & ran to me.
She embraced me hard, almost putting me on my butt but I caught my balance just in time.
"hey Kimmy." I said embracing her back.
"Becka, I don't understand." she said her voice sounded desperate as if I had the answers for her. I nodded gently leading her back to the bed.
"let's talk." I said with a short nod to Emily, she gave me a small smile.
"so you know everything?" I asked.
Kim nodded "I think so, werewolves & vampires, werewolves aren't the bad guys the vampires are, I have a soul mate who turns into a giant dog." she grasped at her hair tugging slightly from stress, I nodded as I detangled her fingers from her black hair & covered them with my own hands.
"focus on that for a second, the fact that you have a soul mate." she closed her eyes letting out a slow breath as she nodded & envisioned it "that your soul mate is Jared Cameron, the guy you've been crushing on for months-" she kept her eyes closed as she smiled & I couldn't help but match it with my own "good, now I want you to keep that feeling as I explain some other things, that feeling of pure bliss & love. Can you do that?" I asked.
"I think so." she said with a nod.
"okay, now I want you to see him in his wolf form do you still feel it?" I asked.
She smiled softly "I do." she whispered.
"then what does it matter if he turns into a wolf when there's a threat? He's protecting you & everyone else from the dangers of the cold ones. Is that not a noble thing?" I asked.
"oh Becka!" she said with tears in her eyes "you're right." she said with a firm smile.
I smiled "we were both made for this world Kim or else our soul mates wouldn't be part of it. We just have to find where we fit in all of the insanity." I said.
"& how do we do that?" she asked.
I chuckled "I'll let you know when I figure that out." I admitted.
She chuckled as she looked over my shoulder, Jared stood at the door with the pack standing behind him.
They all smiled softly at my words & nodded.
"we'll give you two a minute." I said standing off the bed & moving towards the door Emily following behind me. Paul wrapped me up in his arms as we walked to the stairs.
"that was really well said, Loca." he whispered into my ear.
I smiled "who knew Becka was so smart." Embry joked, I reached out & punched him in the arm.
"bite me." I said poking my tongue out at him.

Jared & Kim had come downstairs shortly after Emily had finished making her muffins, coincidence? I think not.
I reached across the table to grab one as my phone started to buzz in my back pocket, I took it out & lent back into Paul with my muffin, it was Bella I flipped the phone open "hello?" I asked with a frown.
"Becka hey, um did you want to come to the movies with Jess & I tonight?" she asked, I cringed at the mention of Jess but Bella was finally coming back to life after being a zombie for way to long.
"yeah for sure, what are we seeing?" I asked.
"there's some new zombie movie I thought that'd be cool." she suggested.
My eyes widened, that wasn't a Bella kind of movie, maybe she was trying to find her footing again but that sounded more like my kind of movie than hers.
"who are you what have you done with Bella?" I asked with a chuckle.
"adrenaline, scary. you know? that's kind of my thing now." she said awkwardly.
"yeah okay, I'm in what time?" I asked.
"seven." she said.
"& how does Jess feel about zombies?" I asked, I clicked my tongue knowing Jess would absolutely hate that movie she was more of a chick flick kind of girl.
"I'm buying the tickets so" she said, I practically saw her shrug.
"cool, see you then." I said, we said our goodbyes & I hung up.
"Bella?" Paul asked.
"the new & I think maybe improved?" I said taking a bite of my muffin.
"you think?" Paul asked.
"it's to be decided." I said with a shrug.
I looked to Kim & Jared who were sitting on the opposite side of the table, they were rubbing the tips of each others noses against each other & I smiled.
Kim would adjust fast, I could tell.
---------------------------------------------------------
(OoOoH OKAY BUT SERIOUSLY WHO LOVES KIM? BECAUSE SHE'S SUCH A SMOL BEAN & OHMYGOODNESS. ANYWAYS HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER, AS ALWAYS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT. I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU ALL. OH & WHO'S EXCITED FOR THE FUN STUFF? BECAUSE I'M SO READY.)