Rush

I awoke in the morning to a letter on the fridge it read 'went hunting with Harry be home soon.' I smiled at the piece of lined paper stuck to the white fridge, Charlie was out doing Charlie things & I was so happy for him. He'd been so busy fussing over Bella & I that he barely had time for himself lately.
I opened the fridge & grabbed the juice out pouring myself a cup, I took a sip as I looked out the window facing the woods. It was sunny today, the thought that I should go for a run popped to mind but I shook my head. I didn't feel like it, today was a chill day.
My phone vibrated in my jeans pocket & I slid it out flipping it open to see Paul's name on the screen.
"hey baby." I said happily into the phone, I smiled to myself with the reminder that we were together again.
"Becka, have you heard from Charlie or Jacob?" he asked panic clear in his voice.
I frowned "no, why?" I asked pursing my lips, I fixed my eyes onto the trees in front of me. I suppose there was never a 'chill day' in the world of vampires & werewolves.
Paul let out a long shaky breath "Becka, Harry Clearwater had a heart attack." Paul said the pain clear in his voice.
My mouth fell a gape, no I thought to myself "Is-" I licked my lips not sure if I wanted to know the answer "is he okay?" my question came out more like a whisper, the fear of the sudden wave of pain that followed Paul's words is what made my voice come out like that. As if I kept my voice low enough his answer would be different but a man of Harry's age...I knew the chances of him surving such a thing.
"No, Beck. He's not." Paul said grimly his voice breaking at the end.
My heart skipped a beat, oh god poor Leah & Seth, my head was spinning, have they been told? Did Sue know? My eyes widened & a tear fell down my cheek thinking about them, Charlie would have been there when it happened.
"I have to call my dad!" I rushed out hanging up on Paul.
I dialled Charlie's number & waited as the phone rang it felt like each ring was drawn out for an eternity, I hope he was okay the phone stopped ringing & I heard rustling on the other end "Dad?" I asked "dad are you okay?" I rushed out.
He let out a shakey breath "I'm okay-" he paused "well I'm not okay but I wasn't hurt, I don't know what happened, Becka. He just, he fell over & suddenly he was gone." Charlie huffed before continuing "I'm with Sue & Seth now, Leah ran off but she probably just needs some time to process the news. Did Paul call you?" he asked.
I nodded absently "yeah he did."
"good I asked him to, you should go on over to his house Becka. He's going to need you, Harry meant a lot to him as well....he meant a lot to everybody." Charlie said sniffing.
"but I should be with you-" I started but Charlie stopped me midsentence.
"I'm okay I have Billy here with me too, you go on." He said.
A pang in my chest had me second guess what he was telling me to do but he was right, Harry meant a lot to everyone I should probably check on Paul.
I said my goodbyes & rushed to my truck, speeding through both towns to get to Paul.

When I pulled up I saw Paul sat on the porch swing & rushed over to him.
"hey." I said sitting down beside him, he instantly pulled me to lay out with him & held me tightly.
I ran the tips of my fingers over his collar bone watching as goose flesh trailed after my finger tips "are you-" I began.
"can we just not talk for awhile? everyone is so loud through the connection right now, I just need silence." he said.
I nodded "yeah baby." I said lifting my head & kissing his chin.
We laid like that for what seemed like forever just laying there, swinging in the cool breeze each remembering Harry in our own ways.
I remembered all those times hanging out with Leah, Jake & Seth at the Clearwater's house playing in the backyard on a swing set that Harry had built himself while Charlie, Billy & Harry cooked their latest catch on the barbecue.
I smiled at the memory, everybody laughing & having fun. Everybody had fun when Harry was around, he was always laughing & making jokes.
Paul shot up suddenly looking alarmed "what is it?" I asked sitting up on my elbow.
"Jacob said he just saw Bella standing on the cliff edge, he doesn't know if he'll get to her in time." Paul rushed out.
I jumped up & began to run towards the woods, the minute I was out of view I bolted in the direction of the cliffs that the pack jumped off praying I was heading in the right direction.
I was because I heard her talking "this is the only way I can see you-" she said, her voice was filled with pain & I knew exactly who she thought she was talking to, Edward.
Panic surged through me as I ran toward her "Bella!" I yelled but she jumped, I ran faster & followed her down not missing a beat in my steps.
My stomach flipped as my body was pushed down into the water, the icy liquid assaulting my skin as my body was engulfed in it's embrace. I pushed my arms down swimming to the surface, I took a breath in as I saw Bella push her way up too. She grinned looking proud of herself & I was tempted to drown her myself, I grabbed her arm & she turned to me with a frown "you stupid bitc-" I went to say but Bella's eyes went wide with fear at something behind me, I turned in time to see large wave crashing down behind us. It pushed us back under & my body tumbled with the force breaking my grip on Bella's arm, I pushed my eyes open & looked for her, I saw her waist she was above the water again, I pushed myself back up taking in a deep breath before being pushed down again. I began to feel dizzy from being tossed around but I had to look for Bella again, I looked around & couldn't see her. I panicked & looked below me to see her sinking she was looking vacantly at nothing beside her, I swam down to her pushing my arms down beside me. I grabbed her outstretched arm & began to swim up but a flash of orange caught my eye, I turned to see the red head Victoria swimming towards us. I moved Bella behind me as I began to swim backwards, keeping eye contact with the pale beauty swimming towards us. She wouldn't take Bella not over my dead body.
I screamed at Victoria & pushed Bella away from me only to hear a muffled crack, I turned to see she had hit her head on the rock face behind us.
Two splashes made me turn to see Jacob & Paul break the water. I looked behind them as they swam towards us to see no sign of Victoria.
I frowned Jacob grabbed Bella & began to swim to the beach, I let Paul grab my wrist & do the same with me.
Bella was out cold I watched as Jacob laid her lifeless body onto the sand, her lips were blue as the sky was earlier that day against her pale skin.
"she's not breathing!" Jacob yelled as he began CPR, I looked at Bella unmoving I couldn't move, I couldn't go to her, I couldn't make any of my muscles do what I wanted them to.
I was paralysed with fear, fear that I had lost my baby sister.
All I could do was pathetically watch on as Jacob bounded on her chest & her body violently followed his movements.
"Bella breath." Jacob commanded her.
Finally water spittled out of her mouth & she opened her eyes, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding & rushed to her side.
"come here." Jacob said lifting her slightly.
I grabbed her hand as Jacob held her up.
"Jake?" she asked confused.
"what the hell were you thinking?" Jacob seethed at her.
Bella struggled to take a breath in & blinked nervously as she searched for an answer to her madness "I just wanted to see something." she said softly.
Anger boiled inside me at her response, that was bullshit. She was risking her life just to get a glimpse at Edward even if it was just a hollucination. I was about to blow my fucking lid when Sam's voice yelled from behind us "get them home, I'm going to go help out at Harry's place!" he pointed in the direction of town & began to run off into the slow falling rain.
My scowl fell & Bella looked around as sudden gloom spread throughout the group "what happened at Harry's?" she asked with a frown.
No one said anything for a moment, Paul grabbed my shoulder & I lent back into him "Harry Clearwater had a heart attack-" Jacob said his voice cracking "Charlie & my dad are over at his place with his family." he explained looking at the sand beside Bella's head.
"is he okay?" she asked searching Jacob's face for any indication on Harry's state.
Jacob took in a few deep breaths as his eyes looked at nothing in particular, he shook his head "he's gone." he said sullenly.
I turned to Paul who helped me up & took me a few paces away to let Jacob catch Bella up "how did you get to her so fast Becka?" Paul asked crossing his arms over his chest, my heart dropped suddenly I felt as if it was trying to push its way through my feet & bury itself into the sand.
I shrugged in response, pathetic I know but I couldn't bring myself to do anything else "& you were down there for awhile Becka, you shouldn't have been able to hold your breath that long-" he was starting to panic I could feel it, he was riddled with worry. His body was ridged & his feelings were all over the place.
"I don't know-" I said clearing my throat from the lump it held "honestly I don't." I said looking him in the eyes, those chocolate brown orbs I loved so much "but when I do you will too." I said softly. He frowned down at me he clearly wasn't convinced "I promise." I said grabbing his shoulder & rubbing my thumb there, he nodded as he pulled me into him. His warmth instantly defrosting my frozen limbs.
"I'm just glad your okay." he said into the top of my head before planting his lips there.
Jacob walked over holding Bella bridal style to his chest "why did you jump after me?" Bella croaked out between violent shivers.
I shook my head as we began to walk up the beach towards solid ground "you jump I jump you crazy bitch." I replied.

---------------------------------------------------------
(I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! AS ALWAYS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU ALL, OH! & YOU GUYS NOT LONG NOW UNTIL THE END OF NEW MOON & WE MOVE ONTO ECLIPSE AAAHH, SO MANY THINGS WILL BE EXPLAINED IN ECPLISE & IT'S SO ACTION PACKED & AHHH I JUST CAN'T WAIT YOU GUYS.)