Hair Of Flames

I dropped Jacob off at school & I was driving towards Forks when I noticed a figure stood in the middle of the road, I slammed on the breaks & was about to shout at them when I registered the familiar red hair.
She was beautiful, she stood unmoving still as a building not even her curly flame coloured red hair was blowing in the heavy wind as if even it were to afraid to move, her pale skin glimmered slightly under the dim light peaking through the dark clouds.
I was frozen watching her, waiting for her next move but she just observed me, I locked eyes with her piercing red ones for a moment before she smiled. It wasn't a comforting smile like the one of a friend but the smile you'd see in the darkness before the monster pounced.
It was only a second before she was gone again & four massive wolves ran after her, I let out the breath I didn't realise I was holding once they disappeared from view.
That was the vampire I saw in my dreams the one that had killed my boys.
My hands began to shake as I realised it was coming true, I would loose them & there was nothing I could do about it. Tears threatened the corners of my eyes as I lent back into my seat, shutting my eyes tightly against the images of their bodies replaying through my head.
A knock on my window made me jump, it was Charlie.
I rolled down my window to speak to him "what are you doing out here?" I asked trying to keep my tone even.
"I could ask you the same thing, you're going to be late if you sit in the middle of the road any longer." he said with a frown, I didn't reply though my mind was else where "I came down here to see Harry, I have this weekend off & thought we'd go fishing." he explained "are you okay you look like you've seen a ghost?" he frowned at me again, something Charlie had been doing a lot lately & I had to physically shake the thoughts from my head.
"yeah I'm fine, just tired. Fishing would be good for you guys, boys day." I said swallowing hard, I nodded slowly before meeting his gaze.
He nodded before slapping the side of my truck.
"well get to school, you only have one more round of tests & you're finished-" he paused looking off in the distance "my little girl graduating." he said, I could tell this was going to get soppy & chuckled despite the situation.
"okay, I'm out old man. This is going to get weird I can feel it." I said with a smile.
"yeah, you should go." he said clearing his throat & flattening his shirt.

When I arrived at school, I was ten minutes late. I rushed through the halls & to my English class room "Becka, you're late." my teacher said, I nodded as I took my usual seat at the back of the class.
"sorry, I had a big night." I said, placing my bag on the floor beside me.
"well you're here now." she said, placing my test in front of me.
I nodded as I wrote my name on the front of it & began the test.

Red hair that's all I could see, white teeth snapping at me through the tangled mess.
"Paul!" I screamed for him "Paul, please!" I shrieked again.
I pushed against her body but it was no use, she wouldn't budge.
"Paul don't leave me!" I yelled.
I felt my arms begin to shake under the pressure of holding her up, it was as if I was holding up a concrete pillar.
My arms shook harder as she pushed her full weight onto me until they finally gave way, she sunk her teeth into my neck & I cried out as I felt my warm blood trickle into her mouth.
"Becka." my teacher woke me sternly, I gasped as I woke up my hand shooting to my neck, I felt the skin there & it was steering hot. I frowned as I pulled my hand back & looked up to my teacher & back to my hand "I'm sorry, I was done. I only put my head down for a minute." I explained, she nodded.
"as long as you finished." she picked up my tests sheets & flipped through them, giving me a slow nod "you can go now, Becka." she said.
I thanked her as I grabbed my bag throwing it over one arm & rushing from the classroom, I could feel the stares of my peers burning into me but I couldn't look at them.
That dream was too much, Paul must have felt my panic & fear because he was ringing my phone within seconds "Becka?" he rushed out "are you okay?" he asked, I could hear the fear in his own voice.
"it was just a dream." I explained, I was trying to convince myself it was a dream more than I was trying to convince him. "we need to talk, as in I need to talk to the entire pack, right now." I said as I palmed the school door open & walked out into the cloudy day.
"yeah, I'll see you at Sam's." he said, I flipped my phone shut.

I arrived at Sam's house just as the rain hit, I hoped out of my truck shutting the door & running towards the house.
I pushed my hood off my head as I stepped inside, Sam was standing at the table Paul, Jared & Embry were sat at the table talking to him.
"Sam-" I started, I was beyond pissed at him "the red headed vampire is in town & you didn't tell me!" the sentence started out calm & soon became yelling.
"Becka-" he warned "we thought we could handle it."
"after my dream?! Are you stupid?" I yelled "you put my Paul & Embry in direct danger & didn't even let them warn me?!" I threw my hands up in the air.
"that's our job, our job is to protect the people from those bloodsuckers." he kept trying to justify it but I couldn't see it from his point of view.
"I had another dream, I fell asleep in class she was attacking me, I was calling out for Paul but he wasn't there. She bit me." I said looking at my boots on the timber floors. "he wasn't there because of the last dream, you were all dead. She killed all of you & there was nothing I could do about it." my voice broke at the last part.
"Becka, I'm sorry-" Sam said but he was interrupted by protective growls from Paul & Embry, Paul stood & walked over to me scooping me in his arms.
"it's okay, I'm here-" he whispered "I'm not going anywhere, I will never leave you." he said before kissing my forehead, my muscles relaxed at the touch of his lips & I melted into him.
"I think I'd like to help now Sam." I said my voice muffled by Paul's chest.
I pulled my head up to look at him "but I have conditions everything you know, I know. You keep no secrets from me & I won't keep any information from you, I'll even do your stupid dream journal but if at any point I'm not informed about something, the deals off I won't tell you anything. I need to know what dangers are coming, I can't be left out of this." I said, he locked eyes with me for a moment but nodded.
"agreed, we introduced you to this world. We'll keep you in the loop." he said with a short nod.
"good, tell me everything you know about the red head." I said as I walked over to the table & sat down.

---------------------------------------------------------
(HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, AS ALWAYS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU ALL. WE'LL BE GETTING TO THE EXCITING STUFF WITHIN THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS YAY!)