Chapter 4

Sitting on Dempsey's lap as he lavished my neck with kisses was definitely a dream come true. It was a feeling of pure love that washed over me during this process. I let my eyes close with a small moan, blushing darkly. What had just come out of my mouth? Dempsey heard it. I could feel him smirk on my neck as he kept kissing and nibbling. He found the sweet spot on my neck quickly, biting down harshly. My moans grew louder when the undead were suddenly heard. Dempsey sighed as he stopped.

"We'll continue this later," he whispered seductively while softly nibbling the lobe of my ear. I shivered once more and nodded shyly. The two of us quickly rushed down to be met with a large horde of zombies before us. They weren't hard...at least, not until they got smart.

A group of at least ten zombies held me down when Samantha commanded it. The rest circled around Dempsey, ripping him apart before me. My eyes widened, tears falling in rivers at the sight. "No!"

I shot up in the bed, sobbing softly into my hands. That was cruel of Samantha to show me such an image. I calmed down to the point I was merely hiccuping in thirty minutes before looking at Dempsey. Calming down allowed me to properly take in my surroundings.

The night air was chilly as it came into the room from the window. I had woken after another dreadful nightmare in a cold sweat in the middle of the night. It was such a wonderful dream at first, but I had lost Dempsey to the zombies in the end, making me sob softly once again at the thought. I laid my head on Dempsey's chest, the blankets pulled securely around us to keep warm. His heartbeat was calming. It kept me from bursting into fits of sobs once more, probably because it reassured me he was alive.

Dempsey slept peacefully, albeit sucking on his thumb occasionally. As cute as it is, the habit was in need of breaking. I would pull his thumb away, he would put it back in his mouth. I was done and pulled his arm down, keeping his arms in my embrace.

At this time was when he began muttering in his sleep. "I...love cupcake," he smiled. My cheeks burned as I stiffened, spluttering slightly. Cupcake? What? That must be the nickname he always wanted to use for his lover. Despite the complete and utter embarrassment I felt, I smiled softly and kissed his nose.

"Ich liebe dich auch, mein liebling," I whispered softly. He seemed to have heard me as he held me tightly, almost protectively. It sent my heart a flutter. Things soon went south, however, as his brows furrowed and he held me tighter.

"Eddie...don't go! Please!" he exclaimed. I felt panicked and quickly shook his shoulder to wake him.

Dempsey's eyes shot open and frantically searched the room before landing on my worried facial expression. He buried his head into my chest, sobs wracking his body violently. I felt shocked. The brave man I knew to show no tears and always grinned victoriously was confiding in me. He sobbed for an hour at least before calming down, hiccuping occasionally. I rubbed his back in a calming manner, softly kissing his temple every so often.

"Dempshey? Vould jou like to talk?" I whispered, worried for my lover. He nodded with a hiccup as he looked into my eyes like a frightened child.

"Y-you h-hated me and l-left me...forever," he whimpered. There was no doubt in my mind that Samantha had made him see such a horrible dream, just like her showing me my nightmare. I cupped Dempsey's cheeks and gently rubbed them with my thumbs.

"Ich vould never hate und leave jou...Ich love jou too much," I admitted with a heavy blush before kissing him softly. In all honesty, I was never very popular with the ladies, so this is my very first kiss.

I could feel Dempsey kiss me back immediately; passionately. It felt as if it lasted for hours by the time I pulled away for air, a dark blush painting my cheeks a lovely shade of crimson as I buried my head in his chest. I panted, desperately trying to regain my lost breath.