Chapter 9

How long had it been?  A day?  A week?  A month?  Who could say?  Takeo and Richtofen were having a rough time sleeping, as was Joy.  She would normally wake at least once a night from a horrible nightmare, sobbing loudly.

At the moment, Takeo was holding Joy as he sat in his and Nikolai's room.  He was babysitting while Richtofen took a shower and tried to get proper sleep.  Key word, "tried".  He most likely wouldn't be able to sleep with his worry.

The setting sunlight poured through the window of the room, landing on something that glimmered, blinding Takeo.  He looked to the nightstand as he set the sleeping baby down, slowly standing to investigate.  The closer he got, the brighter the glimmer got, the more it blinded him.

When reaching the nightstand, he saw a silver locket, gently picking it up.  He turned it over and gasped.  There was an engraving.

"Takeo, words cannot begin to describe my love for you.  You are always in my heart.  Love, Nikolai."

Takeo felt tears come to his eyes, sobbing lightly when opening the locket to see two pictures.  One picture was of the whole family, Dempsey and Richtofen were in the middle holding Joy while Takeo and Nikolai were on the ends.  The second picture was of their first night together, Takeo sound asleep in Nikolai's protective embrace as the Russian smiled tiredly at him.

"But how?" he whispered, not knowing how Nikolai got any of these pictures.  He shrugged with a smile, putting the locket onto his neck.

He jumped when hearing the teleporter, quickly picking up Joy before meeting Richtofen in the lobby.

"They're back?" he hoped, seeing the German nod as they ran to the teleporter.

"Bitte, be okay," he whimpered and bit his lip.

The light faded to reveal the two men, tired and victorious.  Richtofen took Joy into his arms and rushed to Dempsey as Takeo tackled Nikolai to the floor, kissing all over his face.

Dempsey smirked at the couple before pressing loving kisses to Richtofen and Joy's cheeks.  "We finally did it," he smiled happily, "we can finally find a home for Joy."

>>Four years later>>

Things had at last returned to normal.  The world was free of zombies and humans were returning were returning to the earth.  The four heroes fixed up the theatre and Joy was in kindergarten.

Most days, since they didn't need to pay rent, the four of them stayed in the theatre and played cards or had "fun".  The only one working was Richtofen, making enough money as a doctor to pay for the groceries among other things.  With things back to normal, both couples got married without fear of losing their partner, living without fear of death around every corner.
——————————————————————
So this is the last chapter and kinda poorly written, but I wanted to get it out.  For those of you wondering, I plan on making a primis love story for both of these couples, I'll post on here when it's out.  Thank you all so much for enjoying this story!