Chapter 8

"VHAT!?" I exclaimed, furious. Dempsey nodded.

"You're staying here with Joy and Takeo, that's final," he spoke in a stern tone. A growl escaped my throat as I glared at the ground.

"No one knows how to destroy zhe MPD but mich!" I yelled, "Ich should be going!"

"And if the voices stop you, giving you a migraine?" I frowned, knowing Dempsey was right about that. "You're staying."

I sighed and sat on the couch, pulling Joy into my arms. She had woken when I was screaming in shock and I tried to rock her back to sleep. Dempsey kissed her forehead, then my cheek, before standing straight again.

"I promise to be careful," he whispered before going to the teleporter with Nikolai, disappearing in a flash of bright light. I sighed and continued to rock Joy, softly singing a German lullaby. This seemed to calm her as she slowly fell back to sleep with a smile.

"You shourd sing more often, Doctor," Takeo whispered as he sat next to me. I shook my head, having no desire to sing to anyone but Joy and Dempsey. Looking over, my gaze landed on various bruises on Takeo's neck. They didn't look like marks a zombie would make...but there were bite marks? Takeo noticed my gaze on him, quickly covering his neck. The damage was done, though, as I grinned at the thought.

"Vell, Takeo, seems you got in a fight yesterday," I teased, "vho vith?" Takeo's cheeks were a touch pink at the teasing.

"Nikorai," he calmly replied, "he tried to choke me."

"Hmm, zhat's not how it looks to mich," I smirked. Takeo finally gave in, explaining how it had happened.

"We insulted each other, as usuar, then I was pinned to the warr five minutes rater in the middle of a heated kiss," he spoke, blushing a dark crimson as he explained the beginning. He stopped there and I chuckled.

"Don't be ashamed, Ich never zhought Ich vould be vith Dempshey, but Ich am. Ich vouldn't change anyzing because Ich love him," I explained with a smile, lightly tickling Joy's stomach when she cooed. Her cute little giggles sounded like the clearest bells, captivating me.

A glance over turned to a double take when seeing Takeo smile once again, for much longer this time as he looked at Joy. He slowly reached a hand over, allowing the baby to hold his finger and gently gnaw on it as if it were a teething ring.

Takeo let a quiet chuckle slip, surprising me. Perhaps being with Nikolai was having a good impact on him.

Dempsey's POV:
The teleportation process finally stopped, making me gasp for air as I pulled on a hazmat suit.  What a stupid design, teleporting into an area without oxygen flowing in it!  Nikolai pulled on a suit as well, frowning.

"Unfortunate, Nikolai cannot drink vodka now," he sighed.  I rolled my eyes in annoyance.  I knew it was better to leave Takeo with Eddie since Nikolai May try to give Joy vodka, but that doesn't mean I don't sometimes regret my choice.  I just gotta remember what I'm looking for and I'll be set.

Okay, Eddie said it was some weird, large, black pyramid that looked like an alien pooped it out...okay, that last bit was more just me trying to lighten up my own mood.  Hmm, alien poop...does it glow like I assume ghost poop does?  I wonder...

The sound of gunfire broke me out of my entertaining and somewhat disgusting thoughts, turning my attention to Nikolai near the MPD.  There was quite a horde of zombies surrounding him, but that changed when I fired Zeus's canon, sending all of them flying in a million directions.

Nikolai sighed in relief before turning an angry, slightly sober glare on me.  "Focus, comrade!" he yelled.  When killing the zombies, four pillars appeared around the MPD, taking their souls inside of the one closest to us.

"That's it!  Kill near the pillars and make it open itself up!  Maybe we can save Sam too!" I called to him.  He nodded in understand, reloading his gun before the next round.  It worried me as to how long this may take since I wanted to get home to Eddie and Joy as soon as possible.  Eddie...are you and the kiddo okay?  I hope you're not worrying too much.
——————————————————————
I apologize for the late update, but I'm beginning to fight a case of writer's block and may be slightly sick.  So much fun on top of work.  If you guys want, I can make a short little chapter about what happened between Nikolai and Takeo and leave it up to you guys if you want a lemon or not.  Heads up ahead of time, I suck at lemons, not even kidding.