Chapter 6

Dempsey gulped and held me close in a protective manner, almost as if he thought that would make me become my original age again. I shook my head, uncertain if that would work.

"Perhaps it ish because Ich didn't get enough shleep," I frowned, quickly grabbing my journal to figure this out.

With a formula that would hopefully work written down, I pulled Dempsey into my office. He watched curiously as I mixed a few things together carefully, slowly pouring the mixture into a syringe and gave it to him.

"Inject it here," I pointed to my shoulder after rolling up the sleeve. I received a nod for an answer as he did what I requested. From the corner of my eye, I could see Dempsey close his eyes, unable to watch. I looked down to see my clothes fit once more and leapt up in joy.

"It vorked, it vorked!" I exclaimed with a partially insane giggle leaving me soon after. Dempsey shook his head after opening his eyes.

"You might wanna check again."

A frown graced my lips as I looked down, dangerously close to the floor with chubby hands and stubby fingers. I shook my head, disbelievingly.

"Nein, it should've vorked," I whispered and yawned, slowly crawling up onto Dempsey's lap and curling into a ball. Dempsey held me tightly.

"You're, what, two now? Does that mean you'll act two?" he whimpered and I shook my head.

"Nein...vell, maybe. Ich don't zhink sho," I yawned, cuddling closer into his chest. He wasn't convinced. I noticed a hand reach into his pocket, pulling out a key ring with at least ten keys on it. Where did he get all of those? It didn't matter, what mattered now was sleeping. He gently shook my shoulder and I frowned.

"What are these?" he inquired, slightly shaken. I glared at the keys, blaming them for Dempsey keeping me awake.

"Keys," I sighed.

"And there's nothing special about them?" he quizzed, irritating me. I batted the damned keys away from my face with a low growl.

"Zhey're jusht keys, vhat's sho shpecial about zhem!?" came my tired and angered reply. Dempsey sighed in relief as he replaced the keys in his pocket. It only took me a few seconds to fall asleep comfortably.

When I next awoke, things didn't look as big and intimidating as they did earlier and the sun was out.  Getting up and taking a look in the mirror, I appeared to be sixteen years old, making me smile.  A child normally grows most in their sleep, so that must mean I grew at a rate much faster than normal.

Dempsey was awake and smiled slightly.  "Eddie, you gotta sleep longer," he sighed.  I looked down nervously.

"Ich can't," I whispered.

"Eddie, please!"

"I slept for zhe whole night und don't feel tired," I frowned.

Dempsey sighed as he held me close.  "I'm sorry," he frowned and pinched the pressure point on my shoulder.  All that did was make me groan in pleasure from the pain.  Dempsey looked into my eyes apologetically before finally hitting the back of my neck, a generally successful knockout point, making me fall unconscious.

When I woke again, morning had turned to afternoon and I noticed I was forty years old again.  I grinned and looked at Dempsey, cooing slightly at how cute he looked when asleep.

I quickly woke him with a grin, yelping when he picked me up in his arms.  "You're back to normal!" he cheered.  I nodded and cuddled into his chest.  Before anymore could be said, a strange, crying noise sounded from downstairs.  Questioning what it is, Dempsey cautiously carried me downstairs to the lobby, stopping in shock when seeing what was causing the crying sounds.
——————————————————————
Sorry this chapter is short, I had to finish it to get it published on time. I promise, next chapter will be longer. I also put a cute picture up of this couple to try and make you guys happy. Also, first person to guess what made the sound get's the next chapter dedicated to them.